BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend, 9nth or whenever it is, i will be rounding up some offroaders to hit the old cascade highway trails & whatever else we can find (eg, pheonix, etc...) Is anyone else interested? i will also be attending the greenwood gunshow if anyone else is interested we can meet there. lets round up some guys and get something planned!

------------------
79 ford, 50" tires, dana 60 axles, twin 500 ci engines (i wish) really an 89 pathfinder, somewhat stock, anyone with spare change so i can change the stock look?

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
Originally posted by Parnelli_001:
Next weekend, 9nth or whenever it is, i will be rounding up some offroaders to hit the old cascade highway trails & whatever else we can find (eg, pheonix, etc...)

There won't be much road plowed in and around Phoenix, except the ski-hill, and perhaps part of the road that goes past the graveyard. It'll be pretty, but you probably won't be able to get very far at this time of year.

Good luck, anyway....maybe you'll make it farther than I think!

------------------
DMMcG
'98 XJ

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha i hope i can make it further then i think, but yeah your right about pheonix. However on the old cascade highway, there are lots of snowmobile trails that go off the main road of which i always have fun with. always making sure i keep both tires on the track though, otherwise its time to get out the shovel!

------------------
slightly modified pathfinder, still 235 tires soon to grow into 31's. Always remembering to KEEP THIS SIDE UP

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was just there last weekend and there wasn't that much snow up there. So any slightly modified vehicle should be able to make it thru most of the trails up there.

------------------
1980 CJ-7 V8 304
Dana 44 front, 60 rear
3" body, 8" suspension
44" Tsl Boggers

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, good to know cj crawler, interested in a lil trip up there? i cant make it this weekend now, however if there were more people i could make an exception.

------------------
slightly modified pathfinder, still 235 tires soon to grow into 31's. Always remembering to KEEP THIS SIDE UP

·
Registered
5 Posts
without a trailer i don't go too far away from kelowna. (3 mpg) ha ha
so i usually make a trip only once a year to castlegar, for a friends birthday we usually hit Fort Shepard down close to the border by Trail for some river/mud bogging.

so sorry I can't take the offer.

------------------
1980 CJ-7 V8 304
Dana 44 front, 60 rear
3" body, 8" suspension
44" Tsl Boggers

·
Registered
20 Posts
cj-crawler fort shepherd is a little boring.I used to live in trail,and there is better wheelin' the other side of the seven mile dam.take the road to the border crossing and take the last road to the left.when you get to the dam just drive accross and go have some serious fun.let me know how you make out with the area.

------------------
northern extreme 4x4 club
ch 37 It's all good!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok is anyone else up to a few trips around the region this spring? i was up there a few weeks ago, however i went up the old cascade highway (santa rosa) and was able to easily make it all the way to MU 4-9 then there was about a 10 foot snow back blocking the rest of the road. anyone else with any other ideas?

------------------

·
Registered
210 Posts
Last time i was up there the road had been completley deactivated at the bottom of the sharp cutbacks down into sheep creek. That was a while ago though maybe you can get through now. Some good wheeling spots though.

Originally posted by Parnelli_001:
ok is anyone else up to a few trips around the region this spring? i was up there a few weeks ago, however i went up the old cascade highway (santa rosa) and was able to easily make it all the way to MU 4-9 then there was about a 10 foot snow back blocking the rest of the road. anyone else with any other ideas?

------------------
Modifications? Lets see...... rear end drag from moose hunting, custom built canopy door, Pioneer deck with two, thats right two 6X9s, and bent bumper cowling from stupid wheeling move :) :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually it still might be closed off. i saw a road closed sign just covered by snow on the side of the trail. dont know though, i'll have to take another run up there when there isnt any snow anymore. This white stuff is starting to annoy me!! but yeah thanks for the heads up on that trail

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts