BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heard so many things about these springs so I wanted to explore them for myself! I picked up a backroads mapbook and headed up with YellowJeep and IM-IN-GUY. It was our first time going there so it was pretty exciting. On our way to the springs I found a chair just sitting there on the side of the road which I thought would work great in the tub and it did. The road up was surprisingly in great shape compared to the west side of Harrison. It only got a bit bad on the clear creek FSR. I clocked it being about 11km from the junction. We crossed a few creeks and bad spots but we were there in no time.

I had already seen pictures of the place so I already sorta knew what I was up against. When we got there, there were 4 trucks and some quads. We walk up to the entrance and the first thing I noticed was the sign in the log that someone had carved which I thought was pretty cool. So we walked past the sign along a man-made path made out of wood and logs and their they were! I had already already read on a previous forum that only 1 out of 4 tubs were working so we came prepared. We brought a tarp which we lined one of the cedar tubs with. The hoses needed some work but we rearranged them and got them a bit better then they were.

So after all that we now had 3 out of 4 working. We all got in and it was it SOOO nice! :) The top tub was the hottest, the middle was second hottest, and the other two were the warm tubs. I noticed some holes were fixed with beer bottles and plastic cups lol. I am def coming back with with a better system then that. Some self tapping screws and silicone and a piece of plastic should do the trick!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
alrighty then..... we packed out a bunch of other peoples garbage and empties when we left and we are going back may long so its all good bro!

·
Registered
259 Posts
alrighty then..... we packed out a bunch of other peoples garbage and empties when we left and we are going back may long so its all good bro!
Good on you bud!

I think they are just giving a friendly reminder ! right Dean .... better to bring something to PLUG the holes in the tubs , rather than leave a big ass piece of plastic as they get burned or thrown under the deck , or in the creek!

·
Registered
345 Posts
that place gets soooo trashed these days...... good to hear other ppl take away some morons garbage

·
Registered
303 Posts
We just did a clean up run there last weekend and pulled out 6 contractor garbage bags full of garbage and 2 bags of empties plus a PU truck full of scrap metal. One tub had warm water and the rest of the plumbing was destroyed. The tub with the tarp was empty and some one put a chair in there that punched a hole in the tarp.

The old wood tub needs to be drained and scrubbed, the fiberglass one has a hole in it and new fiberglass one looks like its ready to fall into the pool below.

The best thing that can be done there is to have someone tear up the road so its not accessible any more by the idiots (not like that will stop them though most of them have capable trucks too).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry, I've pre-cut 4" round pieces of plexiglass to fix the holes in both fiberglass tubs. I'm heading up there Sunday to do the repairs. I'm also bringing my chansaw to cut some wood supports for the hoses and some zap straps to clean them up a bit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Agreed, problem is then the idiots will bring out jack hammers and chisels. What should be done is all of it should be torn out for a few years to give that area some time to recover i.e. idiots enough time to forget about the place.

·
Registered
647 Posts
When I satrted going there 2 years ago everything worked and looked great sure there was garbage around, but not as bad as it is now. I appreciate the effort of the fellow wheelers who had a cleanup run up there but the place still looks trashed. It needs a good work party day or to be torn down and left alone for a while because it is almost there now. I was up there 2 weeks ago only 2 of the tubs where full. With the road being alot easier now it gets pretty packed in those 2 tubs. I dont have much knowledge of tub building but i love projects and have a truck maybe there is a couple of like minded people who would want to tackle this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts