BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this loud click sound under the hood?.,, sounds like the fan switch.. but it's way too loud for it. it comes on when ever i wait in line at the drive thru or when i'm stuck in traffic. it's clicks around every 5 to 10 sec.???? any one know.. is this normal?

I have a 2001 TJ.

------------------
Stock White TJ with a scratch up bottom

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
sounds like an AC clutch going balistic

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and what kind of mileage do you guys get on a full tank of regular gas? i can only get around 340-380km. and i'm no lead foot. and mostly half city, half highway driving. is this normal?

i have 32s and a 4L that's it.

------------------
Stock White TJ with a scratch up bottom

·
Registered
302 Posts
the mileage sounds about right ... remember you're driving a brick with wheels (although the TJ's are more of a rounded brick
) think the factory specs are 14 city/ 17 hway MPG so figure 15.5avg MPG * 20 gallons = 310 miles per tank add in the 32 inch tires and I'd say you're down in the 12 - 13 MPG range judging by you're distance travelled. which would be normal with stock gearing and large tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like the A/C relay. Incidentally, the defrost runs the A/C compressor as well. If this is happening when you you're running the defrost, try turning it to foot or vent or off entirely and see if it goes away. That's why I ran a bypass switch so I could run my defrost and not get killed in fuel economy with the compressor running.

------------------
kelly klassen courtenay bc
98xj 4.0 4x4 5spd 2dr
3" custom lift, w/SBDs
hs95001
custom bumper, skids, and rockrails
all rolling on 30" bfg at's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.