1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow. That was amazing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i worked a Heidenheim machine at the shop i was at in Sheffeild,Eng.,it was 5 axis like this one.it's hard to run a prog. like this in graphics,so your first cycle can be stressfull.i wonder how many bits they loaded up not using coolant.

·
Registered
752 Posts
definately cooler than the 3-axis HAAS POS's we use :p

And if your spindle speed, depth of cut and feed rate are spot on there is no need for coolant as all your heat is displaced in your chips and not the tool. I doubt they even had to change inserts during that whole cycle.

·
Registered
525 Posts
heh first of all you machinist dudes are getting way to techincal and second of all that was rad! third what a waste! lol a 120kg block turned into a 3kg helmut wheres the other 117kgs of material removed, hopefully they also have a foundry nearby lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
We are far from getting technical.... Yet ;)

that's what recycling is for. Can't count the numbe of parts I've made that weigh less than 1/3rd of the original stock.

I wa referring more to the major roughing at the beginning. Looks like an insert endmill to me but she's spinning too fast to really tell. Have to rewatch it at home on a better computer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am sure that blows the crap out of my master cam. I have never run anything more than a 3 axis machine before.
Definately not running Gibbs there ;) lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.