BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I'll be heading out to the Coalmont - Princeton area in the 1st week of July for a family vacation and trying now to do homework in getting a feel for what the area holds. I'm a fossil - rockhound from Calgary and have heard many great fossil adventures, so I'm very curious about seeing what can be seen.

If anyone is from this area I'd very much like to ask some questions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive spent a fair amount of time in this area, but havent been up there in awhile. There are 100's of kms of roads to explore lots of good fishing lakes, hiking, biking etc.. Let me know what you have come up with so far and I will see if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If your gonna be in that area you will want to look into the Whipsaw Trail. However, that early in the summer, it may still be impassable due to snow. Free of snow, it can be done in a day, but I think it is best enjoyed doing in two days, camping one night along the way. There are some old gold mines along the first part of the fsr to the trail, the Whipsaw Creek FSR. You will probly find tons of info on Whipsaw if you do a search on this forum, and some on google as well. Most of the trail is fsr, but there are a few parts that can be a bit dicey, but if I remember correctly they pretty much all have bypasses. Best done with at least one other vehicle though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts