BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHAT SIZE EARLY BRONCO COIL 5.5" OR 9" WOULD BE AROUND THE SAME AS MY 6" RANGER COILS. I'VE DONE THE SOLID AXLE SWAP, AND MY RANGER COILS CAN'T SEEM TO FIT THE BOTTOM VERY WELL. ANYBODY WHOS DONE IT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU USED. THANKS

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by LT. LARRY:
HEY I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHAT SIZE EARLY BRONCO COIL 5.5" OR 9" WOULD BE AROUND THE SAME AS MY 6" RANGER COILS. I'VE DONE THE SOLID AXLE SWAP, AND MY RANGER COILS CAN'T SEEM TO FIT THE BOTTOM VERY WELL. ANYBODY WHOS DONE IT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU USED. THANKS
Ranger coils are going to ride really stiff on a solid axle truck anyway, being designed for nearly 2:1 leverage against them. A 3.5" EB coil will sit you at about 8" over stock with factory Ranger coil buckets, and is usually enough for reasonable crossmember clearance. dropping it to 6" of lift will pretty much eliminate any compression travel you can get, unless you seriously mutilate the factory engine crossmember for diff clearance. Most just live with the 8" lift.

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOW DO YOU FIGURE? I PHONED SUPERLIFT ABOUT IT'S 5.5" EARLY BRONCO COILS VS. 6" RANGER COILS, THEY SAID THAT THE BRONCO COILS WERE ABOUT AN INCH AND A HALF SHORTER AND HAD A SOFTER SPRING RATE. I'M RUNNING THE 6" RANGER COILS RIGHT NOW AND THE HEIGHT IS PERFECT,ABOUT AN INCH HIGHER WOULD BE OKAY THOUGH.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by LT. LARRY:
HOW DO YOU FIGURE? I PHONED SUPERLIFT ABOUT IT'S 5.5" EARLY BRONCO COILS VS. 6" RANGER COILS, THEY SAID THAT THE BRONCO COILS WERE ABOUT AN INCH AND A HALF SHORTER AND HAD A SOFTER SPRING RATE. I'M RUNNING THE 6" RANGER COILS RIGHT NOW AND THE HEIGHT IS PERFECT,ABOUT AN INCH HIGHER WOULD BE OKAY THOUGH.
I dunno. They're smoking crack? Talk to some of the people who have done the SAS, thats what i'm quoting to you.

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts