BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookinng today at cambonian tire at there 0ne and two inch coil spacers and was wondering if any one has used them before (the rubber ones) this seems like it would be pretty simple to install and would give me at least one inch more height right? ok here are the details to my applicatoon 92 tracker. one last question would the 2" spacers fit? with out streching the springs too much?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well the spacers are not too bad. They do the job, The only problem with them is they don't fit like the TY ones. What I mean is they fit in-between the coils and no on the top, Therefore the spring travel is reduced. So bottom line is if your using them to look good their fine, but if your going offroad.... it's goning to be bumpy. Hope that helps

Urban_offroad

·
Registered
35 Posts
spend the bucks and modify some TJ coil spacers, well worth the cost
dan

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how would u go about to modify the tj spacers have u done it? and how much lift would they provide me oh ya and how much are they?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a pair in my tracker, and all you have to do is bore out the inside diameter larger to fit over your bumpstops. If I rememeber correctly you could get anywhere form 3/4" to 2" of lift (correct me if I'm wrong) But from experiance I would only go 1" if to much again your springs will be too compressed and not work very well on the traills.

I found that if you goto home depo and get a drum sander and a power dill it works best. If you like I could find the dimensions for you.

Urban_offroad

·
Registered
49 Posts
K, the inner diameter is 65mm/2.5in. So what I did was bought the TJ spacers, went to Home Depo found a sanding drum that fits into the TJ spacer, Put the spacer on the side with the drum inside and start sanding while rolling the spacer (you get a pretty round inside if you do that). Hope all this helps

Urban_offroad

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
getting jiggy with it...

You ever thought of buying a plate of polyurethane and just cutting it out. I am not that familiar with this whole spacer idea, so ignore this if it’s a dumb idea, but just reading a thread, I got this idea. You can go to a kitchenware store, get a ½ inch cutting board, take a jig saw to it and voile. U got u a ½ inch spacer??? Cheap!:*******

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: getting jiggy with it...

MudKick said:
You ever thought of buying a plate of polyurethane and just cutting it out. I got this idea. You can go to a kitchenware store, get a ½ inch cutting board, take a jig saw to it and voile. U got u a ½ inch spacer??? Cheap!:*******
Awesome idea, ask a local machine shop where they get thier poly and buy a slab that size, whatever size you want, Id do it .

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a real good idea, the only problem I see is that using a "cutting board" it will be a little brittle. So if you could find more rubbery stuff that would be better.

Urban_offroad

·
Registered
392 Posts
Urban_offroad said:
That's a real good idea, the only problem I see is that using a "cutting board" it will be a little brittle. So if you could find more rubbery stuff that would be better.

Urban_offroad
No, if it's a white poly cutting board, it's damn near indestructable, but like i said earlier, buy a slab, it's good for all kinds of stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts