BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and gals)!

Just a quick question for you all... When you get together, you all want CBs on the trucks. No problem there (makes plenty of sense). My question is, are hadheld CBs acceptable? I have a pair and even though I wont be joining you all real soon (wish I was!!), I want to talk my wife into a mobile rig for my TrailDuster...

Handhelds are great in my opinion, whatever is cool...

Thanks!

Jay

·
Registered
138 Posts
thanx adding in us girls!
I had a handheld CB before I installed the one in my truck. They were ok, a little annoying to hold and drive though. They work fine. If you are asking if it's cool or not, what does it matter? It's up to you, and you only. If you wanna hold one or have one attached to the inside of your vehicle. I had to put a huge hole through my fender to install the antenna, that's another thing to think about. It's all up to you, how much you use it and your comfort level. Nobody is gonna say anything because you have a handheld one, don't worry!

------------------
'85 4runner, 6' suspension lift and 35' mudders (my baby)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahah... No... Sorry.... I didn't mean to indicate that I wanted it to be "cool". Hehehe. I meant, would it be okay ("cool") if we had handhelds instead of a mounted mobile.

I'm a little bit of a rebel and couldn't care less about what might be "cool" as in fashionable or trendy...

:{D Sorry for the confusion! My poor grammar is due to my marriage since my wife loves me no matter and doesn't bother to correct me. Why isn't she doing her job? HAHAHAHAHA... Just kidding...

Thanks for the post! Have a great afternoon!

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
It really doesn't matter what you haev when you are out on the trail as long as it works
. I think it is more personal preference between handheld and mounted CB's.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
handhelds have shorter range, but when you are all nose to tail that hardly matters. Some handhelds can accept an exernal antenna.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

1 - 5 of 5 Posts