BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thanks everyone for all your advice in my last posting. I have came to the decision to put a 92+ 4.0 into my beast. Well, I guess now I am off to find all the parts needed. If anyone knows where or has any of the parts needed...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. And of course just like everyone else I am trying to do this for as little $$$$ as possible.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you haven't already, call Gary's Autowrecking in Maple Ridge and get a quote from them. It won't be cheap, but at least they'll have some. I've seen Cherokees at Ralph's Truck yard on Mitchell Island as well...

Given the number of parts you'll need to go along with the engine, consider buying a whole wrecked YJ or XJ. Might be cheaper when all is said and done.

Good luck,
Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
leave your email.

what sort of thinks are on your list so far. do you have any of the stuff yet??? when are you doing the swap?

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroit, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I have nothing, so I need everything. I want to have to swap totally complete by April at the latest. I will mail you me email.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just did the same swap three monthes ago. It was totally worth it.
Some parts you will need are:
-block/head, flywheel, intake/exhaust manif, pwr steering pump,alt,fuel pump (I just swapped the whole fuel tank and lines)it doesn't take that much extra time.
-Also make sure you have a small rectangular shaped hole on the top driver side of you're bellhousing.This space is going to be for you're C.P.S. (Crank Positioning Sensor)
- computer and wiring harness.
This project cost me $2500 in parts, and about 20 hrs labour for wiring.Now I dropped the motor in myself but when I sat down with the wiring harness, I ecided to let someone with more knowledge and patients do the work. In the end it was definiatly worth the wait.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts