BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got back from camping up near sardis. in town, i saw a rig that had an fj40 body, but was sitting on a very wide frame. this thing was huge. it had 44s and said "tazman tours" with a phone number on the doors. anyone else ever seen it? it was by far the most awesome 4x4 that i've ever seen in person.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Coolest rig I've ever seen was today at the show and shine. Ford Ranger (barely), had two NP435's, some auto tranny, two or 3 transfer cases, engine was in the bed, 44 inch Boggers and NADA for driveline angle! Ramped 1010 on the 30 degree!!! It was a huge bastard of a truck.

I think I'm in love :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
tazman tours is based out of Kelowna I belive. If you like that machine you should see the other toys at Aqualu Industries in Kelowna where that one was created.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I am assuming it is on a Landcrusier frame? IT may have looked biggere because it is bigger. Landcruisers are far bigger than Jeeps.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I don't think they are TLC frames but I could be wrong

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
tlc

the green one

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
none of those are the one that i saw, but pretty close. i want to buy one.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
i want to see a pic of the ranger ur talkign about

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
4-runnin said:
I am assuming it is on a Landcrusier frame? IT may have looked biggere because it is bigger. Landcruisers are far bigger than Jeeps.
Not really. Wheelbase is almost the same, as is the width (I'm comparing FJ40s to CJ7s or YJs/TJs). I've had a 'Cruiser and a Jeep...the only noticeable difference in size is that the 'Cruiser has a slightly shorter hood and therefore a little bit more room in the back. Not much, but a little.

'Cruisers are heavier, though. Beefier axles.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tazman is actually one of the Gamagoat trucks built here in Kelowna. He has 3 seats wide in the cab. The whole FJ40 tub is widened insted of flares. Very custom! He also has a chainsaw straped to the tailgate! Looks beefy!:cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
The orange cruiser im pretty shure is Todd from aqualu. Its not even close to a stock body. Widened everything. Hood, windshield,tub, fenders. All ALuminum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts