BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drew a sketch below of two t-cases, a divorced np205 t-case behind a stock gm np205. I would tilt both cases so as to use the front output shaft of the rear divorced t-case for the front and rear driveshafts. I figure I can rotate the np205 on the back of my sm465. That way neither case is below the frame rails. I'll cut a hole in the cab to fit over the t-cases. I have a short ds with a slip joint I could put between the two cases or would just a ujoint suffice?. I'd have a short rear ds to the rear diff. I was going to try this in a stock 4x4 pick-up truck with no susp lift. It is just going to be a slow go trailer queen. I'm not into fast rock crawling (as of yet) Anyone ever try this? Any other ways of joining np205's together?

Attachments

· Registered
5,838 Posts
Theres no reason that it won't work. I was going to do this years ago just a little different. I swapped the input of my ford 205 into a chevy case and redrilled it to fit my ford transmission. That gave me the output on the passenger side, out of the way of the drivers side output of the divorced case.

If I was going to do it again, I'd just take a cutoff wheel and cut off the front output half of the t-case and seal it up with a 1/4" plate.

Not that I'll ever bother again, I'll just save my money for an Atlas.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
As long as they are both mounted solid to the same brace just a ujoint in between should work. Shifter linkages would be a nightmare. 203/205 would be easier, shorter and lighter but cost more with the adapter.
Atlas is good, but expensive and to get the results of 3 low ranges your just adding another case anyway. Same thing just more bling.

Fab away if you've got the parts laying around, let us know how it works out.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a short ds that I could use between 2 t-cases. Putting both t-cases on the same brace with a u-joint inbetween or some kind of cv joint would be better.

I have the parts lying around not selling so if I can make the time thought I'd try it. The aim is to do it bty spending no money, lol. Fabbing the shifting for the t-cases woulkd be fun too! I'd like to buy an atlas too! Heard about the 203\205 combo but have no np203 and that cost money for an adapter kit of some kind?
Dan, I'd like to see a pic of this or even a sketch if you where to do it one day... hard to understand clearly what you mean:

If I was going to do it again, I'd just take a cutoff wheel and cut off the front output half of the t-case and seal it up with a 1/4" plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.