------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
How the h*ll are you supposed to get into that thing???????

------------------
Leo
Stock '01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
You lower the suspension, it is on hydraulics, but the thing is just plain stupid

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by 1badfordtruck:
How the h*ll are you supposed to get into that thing???????
Enter it in shows..and win prizes?...other than that, it's probably a good magnet for the teeny-boppers...

·
1,269 Posts
Brand loyalty is a bitch huh? Too bad the days of disco are long past...

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I have an old 4x4 magazine here somewhere that has that truck the first time it was built up.

It was reasonable back then, it was functional and the layout actually had it doing wheeling stuff.

It had enough lift to give a decent amount of suspension travel and steering radius and it looked ultra cool.

It apears he got bored with it the way it was, and took it into the realm of unreasonable show truck. What a shame.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
387 Posts
WAY TO FAR!!!!!!! yes it is a toy but any crazy 4x4 want to be with WAY TO MUTCH $$$$$$$$$ could pull this of with any make. what a usless peice of sh&^!!! boy i very thought i would say that about a toy!!!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You're all sceptics and just jealous that your rigs arent that big!!! If i had it i would love it. Its funny looking but i but its fun to drive turning corners at 1kmh well it may be rediculous looking but why not take it to the extreme if you got the $$$ it would be a cool project. Sorry to insult anyone.
(Now which bank to rob???)

------------------
81 rust bucket Bronco 33" muds just for havin fun

·
Registered
268 Posts
ahh yes - 1980s toyota show trucks.

there's some way nastier **** than this out there. at least he's got some cool engineering going on. i like toy show trucks on 44s that have rear stear etc. they're always entertaining.

------------------
Jeep. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
First off the factory toy axles wouldn't last even if this was a pavement princess instead of a trailer queen...it is unique...but it could use some rockwell axles and some big 60" firestones on their to at least make it try and look tough

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD

·
1,269 Posts
Funny that you see Rockwells on more mallers than hardcore wheelers. (at least in the magazines anyways, for example the cover of this month's Four Wheeler)

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Funny that you see Rockwells on more mallers than hardcore wheelers. (at least in the magazines anyways, for example the cover of this month's Four Wheeler)

Dan O and i were checking out a rockwell catalogue at coast trucking..it's pretty insane how many variations of axles they make. they're just the newest trend. i like seeing people running massive tires on toy axles and making it through anything. or at least with a toy drivetrain and monster axles and tires. pretty well flies in the face of everything the mags tell you to do.

super-birfields, need i say more?

------------------

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It appears more reasonable when the hydraulics are down.

Silly as it seems, I appreciated the custom work that went into it. I'd love to be able to adjust my TJ suspension height by 3 inches or so.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Registered
173 Posts
That thing is insane could you imagine going to pick up Granny at the old folks home to take her to the grocery store for some polident, you would litterly scare the crap out of all the old people and they would be saying screw the polident get me some Depends!

------------------
[email protected] Coquitlam Crawlers 4x4 club
Hit it FAST, hit it HARD, and if it breaks make Udermind? fix it!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Three words for ya!...P.O.S!!!!!!

------------------
1990 4 Runner...tall, tippy, and purple.
1987 XJ ...shorter, stable, and Green
"going around is NOT an option!"

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Flex:
Three words for ya!...P.O.S!!!!!!

it's not really a P.O.S. - it's useless by most people's definitions, but he's really put tons of time into it. wasted i think but whatever..he can serve as the example for the rest of us.

------------------

1 - 20 of 32 Posts