BC 4x4 Forums banner

Crow foot North Shuswap

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  jeremy 
#1 ·
Any interest in a run up Crowfoot-Fowler Mt"s on sun 14th.
Most of the snow should be gone"maybe".

Ron

#3 ·
I would be very interested in that run...let me know more as i know a few 'capable rigs ' that would like to go....we did the run last year august and it was still good and wet

#5 ·
OLD METAL

Not 100% sure me can make it over the top yet,
still see a bit of snow. Was going up to find out, then if we could,
down the east side and over to Fowler. And if early enough down
towards Seymour Arm. Would like to make a weekend trip of it latter on this summer.

Ron

#6 ·
Ron, what's the trail like? Mostly mud and loose dirt? Really twisty? Great scenery?

Doesn't really matter to me since I can't make it but I'm curious anyway.

How late in the season is it still passable? Would it be an ok fall trip?

...lars

#8 ·
so whats the scoop? are you up for doing it? or are you talking about later in the fall?

#10 ·
im not too familiar with your route or even where squilax bannock booth is, when i went last yeear we went up from celista i think it is, on thee other side of big shushwap... am i right? so where is the bannock booth and do you know how many people are going to go? im rolling in a 72 gmc on 39s...u have a phone number so i can let you know if ill be there for sure.. im in kamloops all weekend...

#11 ·
about 10 min north of chase is the squilax bridge. cant miss it. just over it 100m on the right side there is a pullout with a small building. thats it. afaik its just me and ron & dolores. im *attempting* it 2wd, so it should be interesting. not a guarantee ill be there, but you can call me @ 833-8606 cell or 675-4313 home.

#12 ·
do you not have 4 wheel drive? the way i went last year there is NO way a 2 wheel drive can make it , not even the beginning...

#14 ·
good possibility... i have a bench seat with standard,,, ive had 4 guys in front and was not comfy... but if i go for sure then yea no sweat.. do you have any other people going?

#15 ·
2 wd

do you not have 4 wheel drive? the way i went last year there is NO way a 2 wheel drive can make it , not even the beginning...
you obviously have never seen jeremy drive that truck of his! if anyone can make it in 2wd he can.

he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, if you know what i mean...:rolleyes:

#18 ·
so who is going FOR SURE!! i dont want to go all that way if no one wil be there...im leaving for the loops tommorrow so ill look for replies in the morning... how far up is th esnowline ne wayz? do you guys go up through celista? ill l ask my buddy how we goit there last time, again WHOS GOING FOR SURE

#20 ·
Ron up to 4 Jeeps from the club heading up from Kelowna. All have winches and are good drivers. Louis will phone you and give you a firm number by Sat. I'm still not sure if I'll be there, I am having some steering issues. By the way Ron e-mail me if you have a CJ spindle kicking around.

#21 ·
Sound"s like a few are coming. We go up before Magna Bay not thru the overgrown trail that leads up from Anglemont. And will be sticking to the existing trail, there has been some damage done by people driving onto the meadows. The snow seems to be melting fast, with this heat, so should"nt be an issue.

#22 ·
nutshell trip report

three rigs showed: jeepcity, louie from ok jeep club, and myself.
trail was in great shape as it rained lightly last night. found snow about 3/4 of the way up, and ron had to do a little plowing in some spots.:) i made it all the way in 2wd, only had to bypass a couple short climbs on the way up. played in the snow lots and needed several tugs. nobody broke anything and we all had fun. ran into some guys on quads from the snowmobile club doing their cabin cleanups. ended up bringing a couple bags of their garbage plus what we picked up down. we are thinking of having a camping trip later this summer and going farther along the mountains. so if anyone is interested, let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.