BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll I spent yesterday building a custom roof rack for my 94 suburban. It's pretty big but it needs to hold my Spair tire, tools, shovels and a jack. We are also gonna be putting in on board air with a retractable air line and an on board welder still thinking about a good power inverter and cord so we can run flood lights but not to sure yet. I'll post some pics of the rack in a little bit..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey sorry guys for the lack of pics but I use my cell phone to take the pics and haven't figured out how to post them on hear yet from my cell phone :( .... The welder I use is a cheep 110 one how ever it works well for every thing I do in my shop and I have full access to bigger ones thank god if ever needed :) along with plasma cutters, water jets, and CNC machines... the roof rack didn't take to long just a few hours to build. I think the reason my welder works so well is that I prep the steel really well before welding. the roof rack I made is out of 1" square tubing I am just looking for steel mesh for the bottom at a good price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hmmmmm ..... ive been wanting to get my own welder and fab up my own parts. how much is a cheap 110 welder ? does brand matter ? when you prep the steel you mean sanding it down for a clean bare metal finish ? before welding ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
no, in abbotsford. I get parts from Kelowna for my Suzuki. Altered Ego Motorsports. I was going to get my roof rack, and under armour from them but am probably better off trying to do it myself

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well hear are some pics of the one I did hope you all like :)... I still gotta do the mesh bottom tho ... hope this helps "Zuki-kick-Sport

·
Registered
57 Posts
man ! that's friggen sweet !!! any rough idea what it cost you and time to make that ? where would you recommend I get a welder from ? or what kind of welder ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the rack is now on and the CB whips are on as well :) and the old front bumper is off and a custom new one on as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts