BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any info on rebuilding/ replacing the clutch pacs in a D20 Track Loc? while replacing the rear diff oil in my J-10 last night I found that I do have Track Loc in there however it seems very much on the dead side.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
crazyguy said:
anybody have any info on rebuilding/ replacing the clutch pacs in a D20 Track Loc? while replacing the rear diff oil in my J-10 last night I found that I do have Track Loc in there however it seems very much on the dead side.
It's an AMC20 (not a Dana20) and you can buy replacement clutch packs from the dealer, Gemini sales, or a place like this:
http://www.thinkjeep.com/oem/CJ_Differentials_1.html (disc kit - Trac Loc near the end of the page).

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: D20 Track Loc rebuild

jeeponrock said:

It's an AMC20 (not a Dana20) and you can buy replacement clutch packs from the dealer, Gemini sales, or a place like this:
http://www.thinkjeep.com/oem/CJ_Differentials_1.html (disc kit - Trac Loc near the end of the page).
k but do you have any info on replacing them? I wanna find out what I would be doing before I buy them and find thats its not something I want to tackle myself

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Re: Re: Re: D20 Track Loc rebuild

crazyguy said:
k but do you have any info on replacing them? I wanna find out what I would be doing before I buy them and find thats its not something I want to tackle myself
I've put a TracLoc back together a couple of times and both times it really sucked. Then I read the service manual which described an easier way of squeezing the discs into place. IIRC, you need some threaded rod and some nuts and washers. I'd suggest giving it a try but do yourself a favour and read the service manual first. Or search the 'Net for directions.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
920 Posts
how do you like your j-10 buddy? trac lock, this is stock on a j-10?? how is your quadratrac workin and such?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lars: yah i've started searching for instructions but have not come up with anything yet. my haynes manual says something about a qualified person should service the diff and nothing else so thats no good, would be nice to have a factory servise manual but its not worth it to me. what does IIRC mean?

Parnelli: I luv it, fun truck to drive. have not had much chance to wheel it but I know it dosn't flex much in stock trim. and yah the trac loc is a stock option. I dont have the quadratrac(full time 4WD would annoy me), I have the NP208, wouldn't mind the NP242(???) so I could put it in full time or part time 4WD with 2WD being what it is normally in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts