BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was wondering if someone has the complete breakdown on a web site, or knows someone who does, to help me swap 4:10's into a 87 ish BII, this is going into my bosses truck, he has 3:73's, but had a 9" lying around with 4:10's and a trac lock, so we are swaping that into the rear, and have to change the front gears, we have the 4:10's setup in the alluminum housing, now who has swapped this in and can give me the run down or help me out, he said i had to have a detailed breakdown on the swap before i started. all from removing the auto hubs. axles etc, and if anyone knows a good manual i could look at to help this swap that would be good to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
d-28

do not i repeat do not invest in gears for a d-28
the d-28 is a great articulating front suspension however i have had one for 12 yrs and can tell you that they hate large tires ie:32 11.50 (8 broken axles) and i don't beat on it
i do push it hard though
if your going to upgrade so you can wheel do a d-35 swap (it's a direct replacement bolt in)
or straight axle swap
the d-35 is 30 to 40% strongerthan the d-28 and uses the same universals as a d-44 this is just my 2 cent opinion but it will save you a lot in the long run as used d-28 axles are getting harder to find as those running them are snapping them as well

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it was mine it would get a sas and toy axles, but it will see 30's or 235/75/r15's so the D28 will handle that, with easy 4wheelin the D35 swap seems pratical if u do run big tires though, but its lotsa $$$ for a D35

1 - 4 of 4 Posts