BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I can't remember!:laugh

I can tell you you can use a Dana 50 (TTB) spindle on a Dana 60 (solid) in a pinch. It just won't seal where the back of the spindle meets up with the stub axle.

My gut feeling is its a 5-bolt spindle.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It bolts together fine. It has to do with the separate caliper bracket on the D60. The D50 has it integrated into the knuckle, so the depth of the portion of the spindle that fits into the knuckle is the difference on the two.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused: :confused: so the depth of the portion of the spindle that fits into the knuckle is the difference on the two. :confused: :confused: LOL
I think I gotcha.......
from spindle mounting suface out, they are the same.
from spindle mount surface back, D60 is 1/4ish longer.
yes / no??

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am not sure about the D50 but the Dana 44 TTB spindle is held on with six bolt. I had mine apart last night to fix a u-joint that I broke on the RTI ramp at the show and shine.

·
Basic Baboon
183 Posts
kenny said:
I am not sure about the D50 but the Dana 44 TTB spindle is held on with six bolt. I had mine apart last night to fix a u-joint that I broke on the RTI ramp at the show and shine.
Okay, this is really weird. What truck is your Dana 44 TTB on?

On my 1984 Bronco, with the Dana 44, it was a 5-bolt spindle; same spindle even as the 1979 Bronco ones I'm using on the Jeep (all disk brake stuff).

My 1993 F250 with the Dana 50 TTB has an 8-bolt spindle.

I didn't think anything Ford other than the early Dana 44's with drum brakes ever used a 6-bolt spindle.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've shwagged it, and busted it apart.
Its 5 bolt spindle (matches D60) and IS 1/4" shorter out the back :(:( and the D50 shaft it shorter as well, so it wont work as a D60 spare:(
Know anyone that wants a 4.10 pod for D50?? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.