BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ive put 250km on my first toyota truck now so i dont know a hell of a lot about them yet. Ive done a lot of work on the truck, including the engine (cam,head,rings) so im wondering why this thing gets so hot. The gauge works fine and the temp stays between the E and the M, But when i open the hood its very hot under there. Why? Also im running pennzoil 10w30 right now for break in and its like water coming out of the jug, nevermind when the incinerator engine heats it up. What should i be running, and when, concidering it takes 1000km to wear in the engine? My oil pressure is berlow the halfway point on the stock toy gauge at idle.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
After I put a motor back together, I always dump the oil after 500k.
If your concerned about heat put a manual gauge on it to see whats really happening.
If you bored the block over and put new pistons with rings in, it can get pretty hot, with just new rings not nearly as so.
It can take 10 000kms for a new motor to completely break in, so unless the manual gauge says different I wouldn't worry to much about, unless of course something is screwed with the initial assembly of the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts