BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the width of a dana 44 off i guess a 3/4 ton? this is what i plan to do - will it work? right now i have a EB44 in my jeep, it is great but i want to swap in a dana 300. this means that i need the diff on the passenger side. i don't want to use a scout 44 because i figure i can get a chevy 44 a lot cheaper because there are a lot of them....i think. anyway i need to change it to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. can i swap my spindles/hub/caliper brackets etc onto the chev 44? i am assuming so because the spindles and caliper plates are off a 3/4 ton chev to start with. thanks and does this sound stupid.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA, shackle reversal, buggy springs all around, CV D-shaft, 35" BFGs, EB 9" rear, EB Dana 44 front, Warn XD9000i, 8 PIAAs, wet okole interior and several battle wounds from mother nature.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The full size Chev 44 front is 69" flange to flange.
this is going to require that you put the mother of all Dumbo-ears front flares on the YJ to keep the tires covered.
What I suggest is to aquire the front 44 from a narrow track Jeep Wagoneer, this will be a better match to the 9" rear and will have the passenger side drop.
the only thing you will have to match up is the stub axles, the EB 44 used 260x axle joints and stubs, the wagg uses the stronger 297x joint, you may have to use the knuckles and wheel hubs from the EB 44 (for the 5 on 5.5) and the stub axles from the wagg.

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts