BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all D44TTB's use 2 tapered ball joints and 6 bolt spindles? I was under the impression that the knuckles out, or even just the spindles (mines from 80-81) would swap onto the D35TTB, but it uses a different upper ball joint (straight pin) and a 5 bolt spindle. Did they change the D44 for later years? The D35 style eccentric is much simpler and looks like a better set up, so I wondered if it was actually borrowed from the F150 of later (mid 80+?) years.
I get strange looks at the mall when I'm rolling under other peoples trucks looking at their knuckles

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
LOL, some guy came up to me SUPPER PISSED at the mall. I was measuring his tailgate to see how it would fit on my BII. Guess he thought I was gunna steal it.

------------------
'85 BroncoIII

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
Do all D44TTB's use 2 tapered ball joints and 6 bolt spindles? ... so I wondered if it was actually borrowed from the F150 of later (mid 80+?) years.
Both my 81 and my 84 Bronco use the same six bolt spindles and the same ball joints ... I've never seen the D35 stuff but would it be possible to use the D44 upper camber bushing?

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Rockfrog:
Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
Do all D44TTB's use 2 tapered ball joints and 6 bolt spindles? ... so I wondered if it was actually borrowed from the F150 of later (mid 80+?) years.
Both my 81 and my 84 Bronco use the same six bolt spindles and the same ball joints ... I've never seen the D35 stuff but would it be possible to use the D44 upper camber bushing?

Anything is fab-able, but its not a direct bolt in. Checked 89 and 94 D44's today, and they are all the same. Blows that theory. Gota chop up D35 beams anyway, might as well weld on D44 knuckles while yer there :)

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts