BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 68 Bronc for $1500 but before I go for it, I want to know what kind of work is it for putting a Dana 60 under a Ford Coil Sprung truck. MOst likely a full width.

I can do a rear end no prob buts the front I am worried about, thsi truck will have the 30 under it and against a 351 and 35 boggers I know it has no chance of surviving that. Any advice?

------------------
bog til you're broke
(if you can afford it)

·
Registered
134 Posts
The cost of the front Dana 60 will equal your purchase price. Then your looking at a ton of work.
The rear will be fairly simple.

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Call Dynatrac, get them to make you a dana 60 that bolts right in.

Of course thats only if money is no object.

Dan.

-so you're saying not everybody's leaf springs look like horseshoes?-

·
Registered
134 Posts
I talked to Dynatrac last week. They will build me a HP front 60, any width I want with 35 spline inner and outer axles, disc brakes, 1 ton Warn hubs, gears of my choice set up in an open carrier for only $4850 + shipping. US. I hung up laughing
Dynatrac

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

Thanks to all but I have decided to stick with finding a newer EB and upgrade the 44/9 inch with 4.56 detroits and HD axles .... cheaper, easier,and still have the ground clearance.

------------------
bog til you're broke
(if you can afford it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.