·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4WDABC Region 2 Run Sunday August 18th
Route: Dickson Lake Loop
Meet 9AM at the Sasquatch Inn parking lot off Hwy 7 in Harrison Bay
Underway by 9:30AM
It is stocker doable, but f/r towpoints are required as some of the trenches may require a tug out.
CB CH4
Host: 4WDABC Region 2 VP Pat Patterson.
As always, all are welcome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
when was the last time you were up there? I was up about 2 weeks ago and a rock slide has made that road impassable. I could only see dirt bike tracks around the rocks.

This is the trail with all those whoop de doo's right, the same one that TORR went on?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the one.

I understood the slide was on the Dewdney side heading up to Margaret pass on the main road. And that it was below the trail exit. I intended to go in from Harrison, go under the powerlines and circle around up top and come back on another road.

But, I am just the driver for our host (unless he finally has his Bronco on the road). If that way turns out to be no good, we will try something else. There are several things to check out.

What is the worst that could happen?:*******

Wes

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Hey Chris, does this road look like the one you're talking about.

·
Registered
429 Posts
dickson lake

have made it into dickson lake canada day of last year from chehalis fsr there is a turn off ;you pass twin bridges rec sit and continueon the trail heading n - nw it gets real rough but is do able lots of time needed
I heard they have made acsess dificult for enviromental reasons ie drinking water?:canadian

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey Leo, thats not the slide. I might be thinking of a different area. This is the trail, Wes and Dan led us all on after one of the Sunrise lake clean up's. A girl named Natalie with her big blue Dodge came, oh ya, the one Dan drove up v-rock oh so carefully. Anyways we took that trail with all the dips that takes you over to norrish creek area. The rock slide is right at the only place where there was a water crossing. I think this is the dickson lake area, then again I could be having a brain fart.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Here is the pic of the only water crossing that I recall on the Dickson Lake loop.

View from the trail.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yup thats it. Right passed that part is a rock slide. Its not that bad just a few big boulders on the trail. I am sure one could winch the rocks off the trail.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We did not even do the Dickson Lake Loop. It took all day to just get to the western trail head and we decided that we had enough at that time and just wanted to go home.
The trail that we took to get there was very interesting and a fair level of difficulty considering that it was mostly down hill. A fair number of stucks and lots of spotting.

Left pavement just before 10AM, got back to pavement close to 4PM. Distance travelled 50KM. Thing is there were a couple good stretches of gravel at either end of the trail. So it ended up taking us several hours just to go though a few km of trail.
Quad trails are interesting in a F-250...

I am sure there will be pics posted here or on my clubs site in the next few days.

Wes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts