BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I had to laugh today when I saw a guy with a plow on, he must of had to head up country to find some power money.

Ive heard a few stories of guys that started a snow business, plows, salters, you name it, only to have them put the stuff in storage and wait it out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Was pretty close to buying my own......Glad I didn't! The year before last I made huge money snow plowing (none of my equipment, just worked for a company that did snow clearing in the winter), so I was considering buying my own.... Glad I listened to the farmer's almanac, hahah.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A plow is never a waste.

Just call it part of your end of days preparations. Everyone with a 4x4 should have a Zombie Killing Plow.

So if you know of any plows for sale cheap let me know.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I bought one for my quad. Never got a chance to mount it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I laugh when I saw this post my dad bought a plow this year thinking he would make some easy money but that's a no go haha I rag on him all the time this post made it even funnier!

Everyone with a 4x4 should have a Zombie Killing Plow
and I totally agree with this guy! Never know when there might be a zombie apocalypse always gotta be prepared! Double tap!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Everyone with a 4x4 should have a Zombie Killing Plow.
That is true, my buddy bought one and only got to use it once on the 4 inches or w/e we got.. What do we all think will happen next winter?

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
yap. there are about 100 times more people in snow removal buisness this year than before. tons of sorry ass people and everyone have started undercutting each other for contracts and we didnt even get any snow. i sold my truck and i'm out of the business. it was fun while it lasted. there is so much brand new equipment out there right now to last us another ten years.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
exactly, basically unless you want to work for nothing, not worth the time to get into it, I mean if your not doing anything for work next winter, then I say go for it, buy a truck with a plow and salter and let it sit just in case, but the money making snow is long gone..... enjoy the cash you made over those 4 years with the mog SASS, its nothing but a memory now.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
yap i enjoyed it and i'm done but having said that, the guys that know what they're doing and have good machines will be ok. for example, last year i clocked twice as many hours as the next highest guy. there is a reason for that. in a few years, things may turn back to normal but for now, i'm not going to try to compete for jobs. the second i heard i was getting paid too much, i got out. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know the owner of Fort Fabrication in port kells and starting in November he was selling and installing plows and salters on trucks like crazy. He thinks he sold more this year than in the past years. Unfortunately for him some of the people that bought this stuff financed it through him and now they are having trouble making the payments cause they didnt get rich plowing snow like they thought they would.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.