BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much would someone pay for a set of Dana 44 diffs from a scout? the front is totally rebuilt recenly.

the gears are 3.43(?)

thanks

:boring

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try posting this in the ford section, as these are ford axles, and are diffrent than our chevy dana 44s.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
explain to me how a scout D44 is different from a chevy D44!!!

its not a ford or a chev diff it is a Dana diff!!!

:read

·
Registered
465 Posts
the pumkin will be on other side.. ford is usually on driver side and chev is on passgener side.. thats the difference..

correct me if im wrong.. i just got up.. and its not my morning today... :p

·
Registered
536 Posts
scout front diff is slung not hung so you would have to change spring perches and i believe they are narrower than dodge or chev

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DanB said:
the pumkin will be on other side.. ford is usually on driver side and chev is on passgener side.. thats the difference..

correct me if im wrong.. i just got up.. and its not my morning today... :p
scout D44's are a passenger side drop, so i guess that would mean they aren't ford diffs.

anyway back to my original question.......

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just went to a scout web site and all there dana44's pumkins are on the drivers side.

scout dana44's have pumkins on drivers side, axle is narrower than a chev dana44(passenger side pumkin), and the spring perches are on the underside of the axle not the top, unless they have been modified for a SOA, the only other thing I can think of is that who ever is selling these could have narrowed a chev dana44 and used it on his scout, but that would also mean he would have to used a chevy t-case, So that would mean they are not scout axles.
Hope some of this helps if not ask some more questions.

----------
78 3/4T 350 chev

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i double checked, i was wrong they are a drivers side drop, how cares!!! my original question was how much would someone pay for a set of D44 diffs. who cares what make or model or size. they are D44's and i want to put them on my s-10 blazer which is drivers side drop, and i drive a chevy thats why i posted here.

thanks for all the help so far it is appreciated, but "how much" is the original question??????

:confused2 :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry about all the other technical stuff, but I just want to make sure you get what you pay for and someones not ripping you off.
As for the axles and not going into stuff like "with they fit your blazer", I would probably pay 600-700 if they are match set that is in good condition or rebuilt condition, and even more if they are narrower than full size axle. Hope that is what your looking for. How about telling us how much this person wants for them and exatly what there specs are and we could probably give you a more accurate price range.

--------------
78 3/4T 350 chev

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Offer $450, see if they bite...then go with $500...i wouldn't pay more than $600 for them. You can always go the other route and install a Ford D44 High Pinion front axle, and a Ford 9" rear axle from an early Bronco...

·
Registered
3 Posts
the diffs are mine and Rosie was asking for me , what they are worth, I am asking 600$ I have reciepts for all the work done to them, in awsome shape, freshly machined rotors new brakes, new raises and beirings, also have t-case for them, yes they are matching raitios, I think they are 356 or something like that, they are off a 80 scout ll if you want to know more send me an e-mail to me, [email protected] or check out island4x4.com I am Noel on that board as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts