BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apon trying out some of my tools I got for christmas, and seing how useful my jackstand is, (i was going to replace my axle seals) I found that my drums are rusted to [email protected]$ so, dose anybody know where I can find a write up to make my life easier. Thanks a bunch, Matt.

------------------
GRASSHOPPER

CHEVY THE HEARTBEAT OF AMERICA NEEDS A PACEMAKER

·
Registered
382 Posts
Search around the wreckers until you find an old late 70's lincoln versailles (Giant behemoth vinyl top POS) these came factory with rear discs, the caliper brackets will bolt to your axle, the only thing you will have to fab up is the rotors (as the car has a smaller 5 x 4.5" pattern) maybe get a machine shop to open up the index hole(center) and redrill the pattern to 5 x 5.5" The other option is to use a samurai rotor(same pattern as you have) and mount up rear calipers from a nissan 280z, these have parking brakes and are a floating mount so alignment is not as critical.----- or just get new drums...

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota/ford/IH/Chev/Jeep!
www.OTTindustries.com

[This message has been edited by ChrisOlson (edited January 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
use 70's lincoln calipers and brackets and 95sidekick frt. rotors. 4dr sidekick.

------------------
74 bronco 302np435np205
d44/9"4.10lockersndiscs35x9x16

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The housing ends are unique - only fits disc brake hardware. Rotors are vented with directional vanes. One side was no longer available (so what). My buddy put one in his '65 Mustang. Only real problems with it are the the lazy 2.75 gears, and 28-spline axles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am spending my money smrt..... I am buyin another bronco. So ill figure whats wrong with it an get back 2 yall.

------------------
2 BRONCOS
10 TIRES
10 SHOCKS... U KNOW THE STORY?
I DONT.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:
I am spending my money smrt..... I am buyin another bronco. So ill figure whats wrong with it an get back 2 yall.

Sounds to me like you should weld both of them together, then you would have an 8x8 bronco/tank (BRANK ???)

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohhhh Nelly, My dad just read that. Now he just asked me, if i wanted to make it a 6x6. I wish he didnt. And because he payed for my most recent bronco, well heer we go.

------------------
81 and 82 broncos,
Well, u need any stock parts, u can have em cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts