BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through the buysells and came across one of these things. Before this I had never even heard of em! Im always one to try to be unique in my choice of vehicles...but i need some info before i start seriously looking. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything good or bad about them or had any experiences with them. Are they IFS or solid axle? how much am I looking at to do some mods to it?

·
Registered
898 Posts
The guy that used to live downstairs from me had a Dodge Raider.... He is an aircraft mechanic.... He sold it.... Bought a Fiat Spyder because it was less of a headache........

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah...

thats what i keep hearing actually. They suck your money up. Meh...I think I'll have better luck sticking to a sami. Just wondering if what i keep hearing is all that bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
raider to sell

raider... well, first of all, i'm in a bit of a conflict of interest here... i have one and cuz i'm leaving the country i have to unfortunately sell it! i shopped around ALOT before buying this one... and the larger 3.0 L, V6 is the only way to go... in my opinion. i have used my raider several times with 2 people, LOADED with gear and beer for 5 days and i had no problems getting past anywhere the cars and 2wd trucks could go including enjoying the asphalt portion of the trip. i'm not a 4 wheelin' fanatic but the people that i have spoken to about the Raider/Pajero/Montero all agree about the short wheel base and drivability. as for repairs, maintenance costs... well, its a mahcine... the more and harder you use it... the more it will cost you to operate. i have had no breakdowns or unexpected expensive maintenance in the 4 years i have owned my raider. is this vehicle the ultimate 4wd... maybe not... but it is a reference for backroad travel in asia, S. america, australia and mountainous europe... and for MUCH less than $10k cdn or $7500 US... it is almost impossible to find something comparable.

best of luck in your search!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts