BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of Dodge 3/4ton pickups with Michelin militaries. One truck is running 11.00x16 XL's and it looks like the other had 325/85R16 XML's. Where did you get your tires from? How much? How do you like them?

Thanks
JP

------------------
99 F250 Super Duty,7.3PSD,reg cab,auto, "Offroad Package"

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I have been trying to buy military tires for a little while now. I am looking for one for a 20" rim though. They wont sell them anywhere right now because of the war thing going on. You can buy them from big truck tire stores. there is a Kal Tire on Boundry that caries them(but not right now) places like NSOR might be able to get ones that size.

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon BROKEN :(
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, 3 wheels
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jarret why don't you try www.dollartire.com in Alberta they have surplus tires. I know that new tires will run about $500-600 a piece. I think that www.usa6x6.com just got 42 20" tires that he is selling for $150us each, but you'll have to pay to have them shipped from Oaklahoma(sp?). I'm trying to find out if anyone locally has a line on surplus tires and how they like them because I commute 100+km a day and I don't want it to sound like I'm flying in a B29.

JP

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Thanks for that info I will check out Dollartire.com. I have already spoken to the guys at usa6x6. those tires ate too big for me. I only want 40" their smallest is 44" I am restricted with size due to my Forestyr box. It's not too easy to trim those fenders.

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon BROKEN :(
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, 3 wheels
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It shouldn't be that hard to cut those fenders off and weld them on higher or fab up some new ones; it's only flat steel.

JP

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts