BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard of a trail that starts "somewhere in Alberta province and crossed to BC over the Cinnabar down through Goldbridge on to pemberton and ends up close to Whislter"

that is what i have been told..

a friend that lives in ontario now is moving to BC and wants to set up a trip once he is established, so some folks from the eastern USA can come experience the real deal,,

i read in another post about buying a book from http://www.nsor.com if you want to find trails. does anyone know if this place is anygood?

lastly this is a great BB with great advice and cool headed knowledgable folks helping out those that arent as experienced.

(at least from the posts i have read)

come check out www.discoweb.org

thanks
rob

------------------
Rob Davison
1997 Land Rover Discovery

·
Registered
36 Posts
There a great store full of goodies to drain the pocketbook. I would pick up the 4x4 companion book, it is a great and easy way to find places. It marks out a landmark at 0km and then tells you how to get to trail heads from looking at your trip odometer. Just remember that its in kilometers and not miles.
BC is awesome for wheelin give it a shot it's great fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a trip that start up the number one I think it was Goldbridge (Wes could help me out- Mudd Lakes trip) and ended up in Whister-Sounds similar- NSOR is ok-they have a lot of 4x4 stuff-but have to watch their prices on somethings(like everywhere)-there is 4offroad.com too-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

my buddy picked up the book. we'll see what it has to say before i bug ya'll any further.

------------------
Rob Davison
1997 Land Rover Discovery

·
Registered
6 Posts
well i can say that i was personally wit a crew of four trucks that got lost sadly
we ended up in pemberton, started at nine, hit pemberton at 6:45 in the morning, i think it does exist, there were roads and trails going everywhere and we made it to pemberton before hitting the sea to sky highway, and to add to that, one truck made it back, 2 were written off and the third blew the head gaskets, it was a sad day for four wheeln' dont know if that will help but as i say i personally made it to pemberton, glad i wasnt driving though, cliffs and overhangs, we lost a truck there, he bailed out of his window as we watched the truck endo about 6 times and come to a stop in a ravine, still there as far as i know, so if anyone spots a white jeep let me know

Jride

------------------
92 toyota, 6"suspension 3" body nerf bars, roll bars, future domestic engine

·
Registered
387 Posts
that would be a cool trail to go wheeling with if there was a group of a dozen or so rides. if anyone puts together a trip post it on there me and a few buddies may be in!

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by mudrunner:
that would be a cool trail to go wheeling with if there was a group of a dozen or so rides. if anyone puts together a trip post it on there me and a few buddies may be in!
It's been my experience that any group over 6 or 7 vehicles tends to slow down progress. Better to keep the group small and spend a lot of time prepping the vehicles to minimize any chance of breakdown.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
and this happened when?

------------------
-'85 XJ,2dr,4cyl,5spd,31x10.5's,2"lift,onboard air. hmmm, extra cab,short box XJ anyone?
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts