BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on average how much lift a shackle reversal will give me on my willys(52 m38)if any at all? And are there any advantages or disadvantages of doing one? The reason I'm wondering is because I'm getting longer (yj) springs and I want to move them forward, but the springs are gonna be a 2 1/2" lift with a spring over and I don't want it to be too tall. And because the shackle is at the end of the frame right now, I'm gonna make a new hanger that extends to the bumper which will move the spring out about 3 inches. I just think it might be better to have the shackle behind the tire instead of in front on the very end of the bumper. Would it be better to do one in this situation or is it pointless?
Thanks
Rod

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?
All these jeeps and nobody's done a shackle reversal?
Just want to know what the advantages and disadvantages are and how much it lifts your vehicle.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
If you're manufacturing your own spring hangers then the lift will be equivlent to the difference in your spring hanger height added to the lift your springs have.

Of course 2.5" YJ springs are not going to be 2.5" lift on a willy's.

Too many variables to give you an answer.
Even shackle reversal kits, every kit is a different amount of lift, depends how its done.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

1 - 3 of 3 Posts