BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you seen in the 4wheel magazines, on one of the sale pages( cant remember which) a package( chip, exhuast etc) saying it can add hp and trq while getting better fuel economy?

There are diff degrees in which you can get at different prices.
Like 20% fuel economy with 45hp and 55tq for $455. Does this "actually" give you the better gas mileage while adding hp and tq? Anyone bought one of these packages?

kinda a dumb question but an answer would be nice.
Thanks Guys B-ROCK:mullet

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Chips can modify the fuel curve and enhance mileage, I actually experience the opposite because the 33's were sucking gobs of power with 3.55's and I was a leadfoot...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
With a chip, the computer can make better calculations and give you more HP. The more HP you have, the less gas you use to get the same power. Basically, it allows you to let up on the gas pedal.

20% sounds a little high...but it will improve.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've used chips before and yes they have benifits.
The one draw back is if you are trying to save money in fuel, most times chips require premium fuel so your money savings aren't there. Expeciall y when you big f*&%in V8.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.