BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed thier locks (myne open like nothing and what type of locks could you use?

------------------
1983 yota bondo job 6'trail master lift, short box, lotsa lights, good frame! 35" dunlops...want 33' muds
Gotta Love Standing on the back bumper!

·
1,269 Posts
Pretty much ever Toy lock I've ever seen can be opened very easily. It's one of those cute little Toyota quirks.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Ty Mega:
Has anyone changed thier locks (myne open like nothing and what type of locks could you use?
Get an alarm and some door poppers.Not overly expensive, and any mod that helps you keep possession of your ride is well worth the money.Then you can remove the locks and fill the holes. Just make sure you keep your batteries fresh or you will be locked out!

·
Registered
64 Posts
cool idea what are door poppers? my doors locks are f'ed too i was wondering what i should do....

------------------
'81 yota sb

·
Registered
416 Posts
"Door Poppers" = Linear Actuators

Small motor, worth about $35 each, lock and unlock the door based on a signal from your alarm.

As Wade stated, if this is the only way in then you better be real sure your alarm works perfectly or you're gonna be smashing a window (or doing a search on Google for "How to steal a Toyota truck"

·
1,269 Posts
My buddies who used to own lowriders all had shaved door handles and auto door poppers, but the trick was they all had an emergency door button (a manual one) under the truck in case the batteries went dead.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.