BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I know toy cases offer no high range reduction. I was looking at the OTT site and see they offer a new toy to Dana 300 adapter which also has a 1:1 high range. My question is are there any tough transfer cases that offer a high range reduction like a sammy case and have the output on the correct side. If there is we should bug OTT to build an adapter for it so you could buy a double case with the money you save not having to buy 5.29's to improve your final drive ratio. Any body know any thing about transfer cases?

Mike.

------------------
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, for sale.

[This message has been edited by MEK (edited February 23, 2002).]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam, check out the "OTT guys or other knowledgable guys" thread in the general section for the goods on a Land Rover t-case from Chris Olson. Sure would be nice eh?

Mike.

------------------

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B:
That is precisely what I've been holding out for!

dood once you get down to it a dual case doesn't cost that much - it's a g-note
600-700 for the case, couple hundred for driveshaft work and whatever you can afford to pay your buddy in beer.

------------------
Jeep. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
Used X-case is 75 american.
woops.. i meant 600-700 canadian for the ADAPTER. yeah i know - i bought my t-case for $150 canadian.

you american guys on our board confuse the monetary process..

------------------

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
I'd say driveshafts are going to be the most expensive.

it's about 90 bucks each shaft if it's just a simple cut/weld/balance job. shop around .. however every truck is different - Dan O's rear shaft is going to be very $$$ to correct. but it's worth it for the extra 20 inches of wheelbase over my 4Runner..

------------------

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not about the cost of the case it is about a case that eliminates the cost of regearing the diffs by providing a high range reduction. So you can 35's with 4.10's and just weld up the rear.

Mike.

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
Precisely, Mike. The 2nd t-case would just be a bonus down the road.

What I want is to swap my high range gear for something about 25% lower without having to mess around with setting up 2 3rds (not to mention the $1000 worth of front+rear gear and setup kits)

Fortunately, I don't have to ask anyone else to do my work for me. I can save a few $, a few beers, and lots of pride that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.