BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of my sm420 swap and my 4 inch lift I'm going to get my rear driveshaft length increased by 1 inch. It doesn't sound like much, and the truck will work without the increase, but I feel it's needed regardless.
Anyway, I was quoted $125 for the job.
Is this resonable? I've never had a mod like this done,and I'm not sure of the going rates.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe $125 is a good deal,I'll just leave it with them.
And the quote included cutting it apart, re-tubing it and balancing it.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's usally 50-60$ per cut and weld and
1.50$/inch for tube. Definitely sounds like a good deal if you're getting all new tube. Does that include getting it balanced or just thrown on the lath? Sounds like a super good deal either way.

------------------
IFS- Shouldn't that be a four letter word?

·
Registered
416 Posts
That price is with just old tube put togeather.It is not balanceed,he said the olny place he knew of that balaces is NAPA. But know that I think of it AAA drive line balances but it would cost you $150.I believe his price is the same even if you used new tubing.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I live in Regina my quote is from a local truck shop.
I'm am relieved to hear that I'm getting a fair deal though.
This board rules!!!!

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
Remember lengthening is harder to do than shortening. I'm definetly going to be running "sans driveshaft" for a while so I don't have to take out another loan so I can use 4wd.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts