BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay a buddy of mine has a long box zuk but his windshield doesn't drop, and my parents hane a stock zuk that has the abilitly to be dropped, how do i get the well rusted hinges off without breaking dad's zuk, (they use it for hunting)

would it make life easier if they bought new ones... dose anybody have a spare set kicking around???

.......vibe

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I would try a autowrecker, someone on the board, or get them new (not sure where they are avalible).

New ones will last longer, but cost you more. Shine up a pair of used ones and they should get the job done.

------------------
Goof
------------------
Hot Wheels Safari Hummer

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 85 samurai's came stock with the fold-down windshield, every other year you have to unbolt the hinges. You can buy a kit from Rocky Road Outfitters or try a wrecker or someone on the list.

As for getting the existing ones off your dad's zuke, be careful, you probably already know this but the sami windshields are usually rusted out pretty bad so you'll probably have a really fun time trying to unbolt the windshield brackets.

HTH,
Robin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya well i only wanted to do it if it wouldn't break anything. i've been warned that more likely it wouldn't be a good idea. i really would rather get one from else where. i was kinda hoping that somebody else would have a set kickin around.

............vibe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts