BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a question, and as dumb as it may be, I could use the answer...

When purchasing a body lift kit. Let's say for example a 2" YJ Lift Kit. Does that mean the body will be lifted 2" higher than stock, or the new spacer is 2" (which would give about 1 3/8" lift above stock height)??

------------------
'94 YJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well yes the lift would put your Body 2' higher than stock, remember that what you are doing with a body lift is seperating you frame from the body. Therefore you are raising the body higher without changing the height of the frame unless you get bigger tires.

------------------
1980 CJ7 .... OK I'm hooked

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ben recent jeep:
Well yes the lift would put your Body 2' higher than stock, remember that what you are doing with a body lift is seperating you frame from the body. Therefore you are raising the body higher without changing the height of the frame unless you get bigger tires.

Thanks for the info. I'm well aware of the ramifications. I just put on some 31" BFG Muds, so I have a little more height, but I need some more room for them. I would much prefer a suspension lift, but on a tight budget at the time, so the BL will have to do for now. I'll take it out later when I can do a SOA...

------------------
'94 YJ

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Epp:
When purchasing a body lift kit. Let's say for example a 2" YJ Lift Kit. Does that mean the body will be lifted 2" higher than stock, or the new spacer is 2" (which would give about 1 3/8" lift above stock height)??
Hmm...the only way that could happen is if the body lift spacer is replacing some of the stock spacers. Since I never installed an off-the-shelf body lift before, I don't know. I would guess that a 2" body lift will give you the advertised 2 inches.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
There are body lifts that replace the stock spacers, but they will still give the amount of lift specified.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well a two inch body lift, means a two inch body lift. no, but really, there isn't any give in the pucks, so your strait.

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.