BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the hydraulic roller lifters (rather than flat tappet) out of 5.0 litre EFI engines do not last and are prone to failure. Anyone have any experience with these failing or is there any truth to those comments? Looking for some feedback.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a talk with one of the guys at HP engines just yesterday about that very topic as they are punching out a 5.0 for me. he said they are VERY reliable. so reliable infact that most racers prefer factory ford ones over any aftrmkt ones. he also said he'd never heard of any failing. just be sure to inspect them closely before installation. one other note. roller lifters only work in a roller block unless you have a normal block modified to hold them. and thats not cheap
Originally posted by toque:
I've heard that the hydraulic roller lifters (rather than flat tappet) out of 5.0 litre EFI engines do not last and are prone to failure. Anyone have any experience with these failing or is there any truth to those comments? Looking for some feedback.

------------------
if you cant lift it, slam it

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
They should last longer because there is hardly any friction going on there, the flat tappet style will wear faster. Go with the rollers if you have the cash, you also might pick up 5hp or so with the friction reduction.

------------------
Shopping List...
1x 15x8 5on5.5 BCD Wheel for spare...28 spline output shaft for NP435!
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts