BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
you saw it too on TNN trucks i guess, i was just asking a Q on newbie about this stuff. do you have to actually order it or can you get it anywhere?

------------------
81 rust bucket Bronco 33" muds just for havin fun

·
Registered
2 Posts
POR15 is great stuff but a couple of tips when you use it:
Where gloves because it does not come off.
Use a thin plastic sheet between the paint can and the cover when you close it or it will never open after the paint dries around the top.
Don't put it anywhere you don't want it to stay.
Use the preparation materials that they recomend, this helps in stick forever.

------------------
Bill Hughes
[email protected]]
[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/bhughes85713"]community.webshots.com/user/bhughes85713[/url]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Where around bc could i get my hands on some of this?? and how much is it??

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by JC BAZINET:
Take a look a this stuff... http://www.por15.com
You can get it here. I had to call all over to find it. Cant remember off the top of my head, but ill look it up tonight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
45 ACP is correct...

That stuff will NOT come off once it's on.
A friend of mine restored an old CJ5 with the stuff...axles, frame, and misc parts. Totally rocks...

------------------
Phil M. - Kent, WA
95 XJ Sport w/Stuff
"Who cares about a list of crap, can you drive it?"

·
Registered
453 Posts
Where is Mopac and do you remember how much this stuff cost??

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
1,269 Posts
You mean to tell me you can't pressure wash, sand, or sand-blast this paint off? Does it scratch?

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can get it at Concept finishes Surrey or Richmond stores. This is really good stuff. One important thing is that it is not UV stable, meaning you have to top coat if its exposed to the sun on a regular basis. Follow the instructions on the can exactly, and you will be fine

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by CGBronco:
I think a gallon was around $160, not cheap. They are in Surrey and in Vancouver on Kingsway.
I eas quoted $60 a litre at concept finishes in Surrey, and $30 a gallon for the marine clean, wich they reccommend you use to ensure the por-15 sticks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
cool thanks, i think i'm gonna have to look into this, maybe after i fix the holes in the blazer's floor, i won't have to do it again in a couple of years

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Mudhucker:
cool thanks, i think i'm gonna have to look into this, maybe after i fix the holes in the blazer's floor, i won't have to do it again in a couple of years

Try the Canadian POR15 site: www.por15canada.com

Pat Dolla is the Canadian rep & can ship it to you for cheaper. I got a gallon of Marine Clean, a gallon of Metal Ready, a gallon of black POR15, a litre of Paint stripper, & a pint of engine enamel shipped to me at EXPEDITED shipping for only $22.
The POR15 from him is only $135/gal.

------------------
Brian
89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts