BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e-brake is stuck on my 81 chev 3/4 ton 4x4. I have tried backing up and using 4wd to free it but i think its frozen cause yesterday it was slushy out. I am going to try and free it by hittin the drum with a hammer but if that wont work then i dunno what to do. Any suggestions. Oh ya and i forgot what side the cable is on for it. (Standard transmission) Any help would be much appreciated thnx.

------------------
81 chev 3/4 ton 4x4, 33" bfg muds, lots of lights, no rust

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I had that problem too after a trip with several water crossings and freezing temperatures after that.
I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but I managed to force the rear wheels to move and kept doing it back and forth until the drum heated up and I guess melted the ice on the inside. Once it melted (after maybe 2 minutes of driving) it was OK until the next morning. I had to repeat this about 3 or 4 times and then the water must have evaporated, because the problem is gone.
Like I said, I don’t know if that was the most ideal way to deal with it, but it worked for me.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough! I have...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.