BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a buddy the other day about the Eagle Mountain 4x4 trail and I was wondering if someone could help me out to find the road. I am looking for a good place for a little 4byin' this Saturday. Also, if anyone else has another suggestion for a day 4x4 trip from N Van, I would love to hear it.

Thanks
stephen

·
Registered
55 Posts
u can still go into eagle mountain. its just a hell of a lot harder to make it past the gate. u need to go donw the side of the power line trail until u see it cut off into the forest, u then have to piss ass around goin threw some pretty rough terrain ( lots of huge rock, deep mud pits and some tight turns). u can get past that gate that stops u, u just need to go wheeling threw the bus to get u there. I went up today feb/22/05 and there still snow and some good ass wheelin to be done..

i say we go up this weekend !

There are super tight tunrs and i'm not saying that your truck wont make it, but i;ve seen toys do like 20 point turns just to get threw some of that forest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not going if my truck is gonna get mud on the tires!!!!

(man am I funny)

I am going to try to make it up on Saturday with a buddy of mine and his lifted 01 S/C Frontier.
One last question; where is the entrance?

thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Stephen, you seem like a decent guy. Don't listen to that idiot. Find a legal place to go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
first of all its not illegal, I see trucks go threw that trail all the time , i've talked with the people that own that property. the only reason they closed the gate is because people were buring cars. your allowed to go threw the trail and it is legal. and for calling me and idoit, what the hell do u know..i live right beside the place

lets go up sat...... the entreance is right beisde u cant miss, it there piles of rocks and u go around the side and just go in

·
Registered
416 Posts
I call you an idiot for more than one reason. It's partly a function of the amount of deciphering one must do to understand what you're trying to say.

I find it interesting that Jarett, the person who has probably expended the most energy trying to keep the trail open, has stated that the trail is closed. Your barely-intelligible response was to bushwack your own trail . Doing that is considered by most to be idiotic. Writing about it on the internet is definitely idiotic.

And just who is the owner of Eagle Mountain who has given you permission to drive on that road, provided you can get yourself in by driving where there is no road?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Adam B, please quit with the name calling. I'm sure you can make your points without it.

eagle_mount_4x4, the fact that you see lots of truck using the trail doesn't make it legal.

Now, from what I recall about the whole Eagle Ridge issue, the city has control of the area where the present gate is located, but they do not have control of the land beyond the gate. So if there is a LEGAL trail into the area, then I would guess that would be ok. The question is, IS this trail into the area legal?

Is it on private property or does it just go around the gate put up by the city?

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
55 Posts
i dont know if its golf course property or city prop, but i was up there driving on the rocks they have recently put in, and someone who works in the building beside told me to stop driving on the rocks becuase they put them there so us "DAMN" off roaders would go around and stop getting mud on there road.
So sorry if i'm wrong, but i thought it was ok when i had someone who work there tell me i was able to go in!

·
Registered
605 Posts
if the problem is burning cars (and it probably is) instead of putting up a gate and screwing it for everyone, they would be much wiser to dig a big hole, throw some bolders and make a difficult rock garden at the entrance. that way the cars stay out, the serious 4x4's can get in! problem solved! all it would take is a excavator a couple hours and its done. i dont care what kind of gate you put up, it will be bypassed, cut down, ripped out ect by someone. gating simply does not work, if someone wants to get it they will.

·
Registered
228 Posts
there has to be an entrance down the powerlines so that they can ber serviced if somewhting happens, this is where the bypass around the gate was built. its not as hard core as eaglemount4x4 says unless the people your with cant drive. i was up there on thursday and every hiker we saw gave us hellos and smiles. people dont care if your up there, just dont make a mess and clean up what u take up and the bypass will be there untill someone decides to set the forest on fire:rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
there is a water shed up there and the gate is on city property and the trail is crown. the otehr entrance is on city , crown and bc hydro property. the entrance around the rocks would probaly be for service of the power lines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didnt get a chance to go since I was out mountain biking on the north shore. I am a little concerned tho with all the land issues.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts