BC 4x4 Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
abbytoy said:
if the problem is burning cars (and it probably is) instead of putting up a gate and screwing it for everyone, they would be much wiser to dig a big hole, throw some bolders and make a difficult rock garden at the entrance. that way the cars stay out, the serious 4x4's can get in! problem solved! all it would take is a excavator a couple hours and its done. i dont care what kind of gate you put up, it will be bypassed, cut down, ripped out ect by someone. gating simply does not work, if someone wants to get it they will.
This only makes sense for a recreational area. However, service vehicles DO have to get in there (water reservoir is up there) so forcing them to traverse a rock garden isn't very practical. They will still need to have a gated entrance.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
306 Posts
i was up there on sunday with my friend... we ran into the guy that makes all the hiking trails up there.... it was a nice day for a close to home crawl, even found snow near the top...:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
lars said:

This only makes sense for a recreational area. However, service vehicles DO have to get in there (water reservoir is up there) so forcing them to traverse a rock garden isn't very practical. They will still need to have a gated entrance.

...lars
Service vehicles get up there? I wonder what the city of coquitlam runs for vehicles? I know there are some naturalists that check the lake, streams etc. and as far as I know they do the 1.5 hour hike.

I could see helicopter being much faster, but much more expensive.
Then again, the resevoir (if that's what you want to call it) for cypress lake is pretty well self maintained and wouldn't require much maintenance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
what about putting something like what abbytoy suggested beside the gate, so there are two ways to access it?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
4x4 weeny said:
what about putting something like what abbytoy suggested beside the gate, so there are two ways to access it?
B/c A-holes would still take the "easy" way in and out, by busting the gate.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Kellykins said:

B/c A-holes would still take the "easy" way in and out, by busting the gate.
that gate isnt gonna be busted open anytime soon, and there is a way to go around...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was up there a fue weekends ago, just a thought.. if the bypass goes under hydro lines... does that make it hydro land? and if so I dont belive they like ppl on there land... liability issues...

·
Registered
91 Posts
i was up there last week just checking what people were talking about and to find this bypass around the gate , only to find that they made a new bypass around the hydro gate , and then your on the hydro line for about 500ft before making a left turn into the bush to a muddy clear cut hedding up hill that LOOKS WICKED, buts thats as far as i WALKED in. next time someone takes the trail how about picking the garbage up at the hydro gate, i would have but i was driving a car at the time. if your going to use it, you should keep it clean, other wises they'll fence that area off so you can't get in

·
Registered
228 Posts
the garbage dumpers wouldnt be the people who uses it and the beer cans and other crap up there is from the paint ballers and the dick heads who party up there and leave s hit every where

·
Registered
91 Posts
" I DIDN'T PUT IT THERE! WHY SHOULD I PICK IT UP":violin who gives a s**t who put it there, in due time they will dig that part of the entrance up again, then shut down your fun again for another season. I don't wheel up there cause of the situtation going on up there and for the "good name":laugh we as wheelers have.
just my perspective as an adult with kids who would like to wheel when they become of age to drive.:boring

·
Registered
81 Posts
when that trail first got opened I went in there with my full size/long box, at night, and when I saw my friend making 3 pointers in his sidekick I knew I was in trouble. I sold my truck and now had it back but it had been a few years since I had done anything besides Stave... WOW was that tough for me. I have 44`s and lots-o-lift, not knowing how deep the mud was, no winches and I knew the sidekick couldnt pull me out I had to play safe and stay out of the mud just in case. Well by staying out of the mud I had to take lines that made me worry about floping or rubbing trees in a big way.....Well why bother, it was inevitable, caved in my drivers door on the exit above the gate and caved in my box on the same tree on the way back. The last time I went up there A-holes had made a hiway out of that place, trees cut all over, pissed me off.. But those rocks...I thought they were perfect. No one that could get over them would be the kind of person to litter or burn, they were a gnarly gaurdian to the trail. Then I saw the opening, ....crap. But it makes scence to me, they know people will still get in so why try to stop them, they just got helped keep mud off the road... As to some one owning that property under the lines, its possible. My friend owns the property under the lines at Bell rd, For all the people that have told him off and crashed his gates,yes he does own that property

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If you friend owns access property to the mountain, thus allowing legal access to eagle ridge. He could make a few buck charging a toll :p This is someting the city could've done. I never got to do eagle when I lived down there. My stock 4Runner at the time could get past 200M from the trail head due to open diffs and poor tires :rolleyes: I'd pay $5 for access. :beer

·
Registered
24 Posts
eagle_mount_4x4 said:
i dont know if its golf course property or city prop, but i was up there driving on the rocks they have recently put in, and someone who works in the building beside told me to stop driving on the rocks becuase they put them there so us "DAMN" off roaders would go around and stop getting mud on there road.
So sorry if i'm wrong, but i thought it was ok when i had someone who work there tell me i was able to go in!
i've talked with the people that own that property. the only reason they closed the gate is because people were buring cars. your allowed to go threw the trail and it is legal.
So .. the guy who works in 'the building' is the owner?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I call you an idiot for more than one reason. It's partly a function of the amount of deciphering one must do to understand what you're trying to say.

I find it interesting that Jarett, the person who has probably expended the most energy trying to keep the trail open, has stated that the trail is closed. Your barely-intelligible response was to bushwack your own trail . Doing that is considered by most to be idiotic. Writing about it on the internet is definitely idiotic.

And just who is the owner of Eagle Mountain who has given you permission to drive on that road, provided you can get yourself in by driving where there is no road?
I think you're a fucking idiot. You also probably wear a mask thinking your doing good. Go fuck yourself if you want to call people names here fuckface.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts