BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I just found this website,and im glad I did.It's been a long time since I last went up the Eagle ridge traail,probly bout 7 years or so.The last time I went,we got chased by a security guard in a trans am.you used to be able to go in beside the old westwood racetrack gate,which is where the golf course is now,and would come out at a lake on the top.
Do the security guys not bother any more?
And what about on the other side by the natural gas pumping station?Is there anything up there anymore?
P.S.,I have some pics of the site from waaay back in the day when there was nothing up there but a hydro station and the checkerboard,if anyones interested.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by cherokee:
that would be the entrance through anmore,sunnyside pics?

Ah the good old days.....I used to love going up to the lookout over Buntzen lake. Nice view from there...just wouldn't want to loose my brakes lol.

Used to be a lot of nice mud runs on those power lines as well.

------------------
If it aint broke...it aint a JEEP.
88YJ, 4"susp. 2" body, 33" muds, custom shackles, locker, custom bumper & tire carrier.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
This Eagle Ridge trail isn't the trail area you are thinking about "back in the day". The last time I went up to the "Eagle Substation" was probably in the mid '80's. Thta was when there was a dirt road going up to the trailer park before the BC Hydro road up to the substation. When I went up to the current Eagle Ridge trail I didn't recognize anything and I had no clue as to where I was in relation to the substation...

If you have pics of the "old days" up at Eagle post them, I would be really interested in seeing them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Wil:
This Eagle Ridge trail isn't the trail area you are thinking about "back in the day". The last time I went up to the "Eagle Substation" was probably in the mid '80's. Thta was when there was a dirt road going up to the trailer park before the BC Hydro road up to the substation. When I went up to the current Eagle Ridge trail I didn't recognize anything and I had no clue as to where I was in relation to the substation...

If you have pics of the "old days" up at Eagle post them, I would be really interested in seeing them.
Most of the old powerline trail has houses on it now. The current trailhead was actually quite a ways in in the old days. Some of the old landmarks are still there but they are hard to recognize with suburbia sprawled all around them.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Originally posted by longtime runnin:
how and where do i post the pics?
Do you have the pics on a website already? If you do, you can link them to this bbs. If you don't have them posted you can email them to me and I will post them.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
Most of the old powerline trail has houses on it now. The current trailhead was actually quite a ways in in the old days. Some of the old landmarks are still there but they are hard to recognize with suburbia sprawled all around them.
I remember the trails going up to the lookouts over Indian Arm and I remember the main powerline trail going till it ended and there was a large mudhole that lots of 4x4's always got stuck in. I remember there being a huge maze of trails that started at the top of Westwood racetrack but I can't ever remember the current Eagle Ridge trail.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Wil:
I remember the trails going up to the lookouts over Indian Arm and I remember the main powerline trail going till it ended and there was a large mudhole that lots of 4x4's always got stuck in. I remember there being a huge maze of trails that started at the top of Westwood racetrack but I can't ever remember the current Eagle Ridge trail.
One of my friends has s couple of pics of the current trail from back in about 1987. I'll see if I can borrow them and scan them in.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts