BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thinking about going up at ~1pm. Anyone interested?

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

G

·
I'm not sure if my Jeep's new motor will be finished by then, but, just in case, where are you meeting and how do you get there?

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starbucks @ Coq Centre (Lougheed and Barnet) - 1pm.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

G

·
Not sure if i'm going to a b-day party or not. If i'm not, i'll be there. Never been up ridge b-4!
Think a stock explorer could survive the trip???

[This message has been edited by Coast (edited November 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Coast:
Not sure if i'm going to a b-day party or not. If i'm not, i'll be there. Never been up ridge b-4!
Think a stock explorer could survive the trip???
It's an easy trail for a built up vehicle but it can be quite challenging for stockers. With good spotting and proper wheel placement you shouldn't have too much trouble.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1:00pm eh?...Alright, "Pigger" and I will be there!

------------------
Farewell and Adieu, to you fair Spanish ladies...

·
Registered
18 Posts
A Mocha on the trail might just be what the doctor ordered.

Gerry

------------------
97 Hummer 6.5L Diesel
Skid plates,armour.
4 gas tanks, 3 batteries.
HF,6m,VHF,UHF,GPS.
38" Swamper SX's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of us will be up there at 10 this morning to beat the rush...

See you on the way down.

G

·
Well plans have changed for me yet again... I have a blown headgasket and cracked or warped head
I won't be going anywhere any time soon

------------------
91 Explorer, Stock wheels, Stock lift and a Super Duper stock engine!!! More mods to come ;-)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll probably leave shortly. See you on the trail. I'll be driving a Blue fullsize ford.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Coast. Go bitch to the ford dealer. Ford has always had a problem with the whole making the engine thing work. We used to have a mercury Sable that went through head gaskets and trannies like fuel. And don't be surprised if your steering column bursts into flames one morning for no apperant reason. Happened twice to me.

G

·
Ahh I'm getting sick of this thing... gonna fix it up, sell it and go full size... no more in the middle. I sunk nothing but money into this thing and i still don't have and mods on it

------------------
91 Explorer, Stock wheels, Stock lift and a Super Duper stock engine!!! More mods to come ;0)

·
Banned
23 Posts
hehehe fords, they make me laugh... mine got a ckacked block and blown tranny within 2 months, then when i sold it, the shacle ripped away from the frame...worthless machines. Get a toy

------------------
88 yota, couple solid parts on frame, is the box supposed to be in 2 pieces? tires... i think so. Lift? i don't even have springs.
"Is that a bad thing that my brake pedal is touching the floor"... we'll see when we hit that tree!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Maybe you guys don't know how to maintain your vehicles. I have 210,000 km on my 4.0L V6 and it has never been unbuttoned.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Then go buy a lottery ticket Paul, because you have a horse shoe up your ass. Go look at the consumer reports ratings. Ford for the last like 5 years has had the most service requests per purchased vehicle out of the top 6 manufacturers.

------------------
93' x-tra cab. I hate my IFS. Ya I know your rig is better than mine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's all realitive to how many are sold.If gm sold as many would'nt the service req. go up?

------------------
93bronco

·
Registered
39 Posts
1990 Ranger, 2.9 V6, 250,000 km, not a drop of burning oil, runs like a Timex, with about the same amount of power. It's all in the maintenance and luck when you buy it used.

------------------
Andy Rad..., President High Country Explorers 4x4 Club, 90 Ranger, 6" bits & pieces lift, locked front D35, posi rear 8.8, Ramsey equiped, 32x11.5 Mud Rovers, 4.56 gears, real cozy seats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts