BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eagle Ridge is Closed!? Since when? Will it Ever be open.... as in, open between certain hours. Could we get it unlocked? Any other trails i can run with my stock Cherokee?

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
The gate went in about 2 months ago. Not sure when or if it will ever be open again. Last I heard there was a group of people, along with the 4WDABC working on getting access again. There was a thread posted somewhere but I can't remember where it is.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i think that thread is gone due to server crash.. wellthere is lots of vandalism to the gate lately.. and is going ot makeit harder for it to reopen.. sohope they will go well so it can be open again.. want to take my girlfriend out there.. for the view on the top..

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
DanB said:
i think that thread is gone due to server crash.. wellthere is lots of vandalism to the gate lately.. and is going ot makeit harder for it to reopen.. sohope they will go well so it can be open again.. want to take my girlfriend out there.. for the view on the top..
vandilisin the gate is so stupid, that will not help anythin, when will these people learn:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
pitter said:

vandilisin the gate is so stupid, that will not help anythin, when will these people learn:rolleyes:
Those people don't give two hoots about the bigger picture here, their p***ed whenever the see the world doesn't revolve around them. You won't find them interested in meeting whatever requirements the city\community needs to unlock that gate. :mad:

·
Registered
418 Posts
gates

is that another big yellow gate like the ones that went up at strawberry island and wingdam? If it is you will never get it open.the forces behind these is the cops and icbc because if you eliminate the dumping and burning grounds,car thefts will stop.or at least thats their theory.sorry to be a bummer,but I spent hours on the phone with local and provincial politicians before the truth was admitted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wes Rempel said:
Yes.
Couple of weeks
No.
Maybe
Yes.

Wes

By my calculations....... 'Yes' should land for, "Are there any other trails i can run my Cherokee?" Okay! Which ones? You could e-mail me if your trying to keep them quiet........ YA! my kids and i did it once (kids were 2 and a half and three) a while back! They fell asleep...... was going to take the wife but it was gated. and i never made it all the way up..... i started late and it was getting dark so we turned around.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
There is lots out there for stock trucks. Just pick a FSR and go. There is lots in Harrison. Sunrise, Hale, Francis etc.
East Stave, West Stave, Chilliwack.

Wes

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dangerous said:

By my calculations....... 'Yes' should land for, "Are there any other trails i can run my Cherokee?" Okay! Which ones? You could e-mail me if your trying to keep them quiet........ YA! my kids and i did it once (kids were 2 and a half and three) a while back! They fell asleep...... was going to take the wife but it was gated. and i never made it all the way up..... i started late and it was getting dark so we turned around.

Thanks
Heading east on #7 past mission dewdny etc Turn left at the sasquatch inn. come to a 4 way stop. straight is harrison west FSR left is Chehalas FSR. your choice drive untill you and your buddy <you not going to go alone are you?> have had enough or you half a tank of gas left. stop turn around drive home. Warning this will be more addictive than crack could ever be.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Wes Rempel said:
There is lots out there for stock trucks..... Sunrise
Wes
Sunrise for stock trucks??? Better not go alone and have a buddy there to tug you over that "V Rock". I'd suggest pass on this one for a stocker unless.... :rolleyes:

The old, direct road from Weaver to Francis is fun for a stock truck. It's the second right after the fork to Weaver - the one that has you crawling over some rock within 50'. The first right is easier, few rocks and leads to a clear cut after 1/2 mile.
So is the west side of Stave Lake to the lookout over Allouette Lake.

I'm looking forward to borrowing a buddy's XL600 and travelling all those overgrown roads between Stave and Harrison just to see where they all go - the ones to tight for my truck.

God's country out there. :p

Attached photo of Allouette Lake lookout not mine and credit to the owner :D

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Sunrise is stockable. I have a stock YJ and go in there all the time with no problem. I do have 30" MTs though.
I have seen Dan Brama go in there numerous occasions when he first got his XJ. 205 tires at that.
With little to some effort, stock Ford pickups, Broncos, IFS Chevys, Suzukis, and even stock Toyotas have all made it in there with me on several occasions.

Give it a go, if you can not make it past the v-rock, no big deal. There is room to turn around infront of it and it is only a short distance back down to the main FSR.

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
pony said:

Sunrise for stock trucks??? Better not go alone and have a buddy there to tug you over that "V Rock". I'd suggest pass on this one for a stocker unless.... :rolleyes:

The old, direct road from Weaver to Francis is fun for a stock truck. It's the second right after the fork to Weaver - the one that has you crawling over some rock within 50'. The first right is easier, few rocks and leads to a clear cut after 1/2 mile.
So is the west side of Stave Lake to the lookout over Allouette Lake.

I'm looking forward to borrowing a buddy's XL600 and travelling all those overgrown roads between Stave and Harrison just to see where they all go - the ones to tight for my truck.

God's country out there. :p

Attached photo of Allouette Lake lookout not mine and credit to the owner :D
I was up at that part of Stave just yesterday!

I've grown up in Maple Ridge, and for some reason i've never known of any trails around Alouette! Where is the one in the pic?

·
Registered
371 Posts
As long as we`re on the subject of stave/allouette I gots a question, but first:

I've grown up in Maple Ridge, and for some reason i've never known of any trails around Alouette! Where is the one in the pic?
That pic with Allouette is just the back side of the stave look out, you been there haven`t ya?

Now, you guys confuse me with all the names you throw around!

On the road at west stave on the way to that lookout, maybe halfway, but past the mud puddles there is a trail that goes off to the left at a point where the road curves right shortly before a bridge. it eventually comes to a point where you can go left or go straight and it dead ends by a fire pit and a big log. I only went a little ways up that left turn, but I was runnin out of time and it was just me and my 4-yr old, so I turned back.
How far does that branch go?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
ld50 said:
On the road at west stave on the way to that lookout, maybe halfway, but past the mud puddles there is a trail that goes off to the left at a point where the road curves right shortly before a bridge. it eventually comes to a point where you can go left or go straight and it dead ends by a fire pit and a big log. I only went a little ways up that left turn, but I was runnin out of time and it was just me and my 4-yr old, so I turned back.
How far does that branch go?
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it goes close to the top of that mountain. It'll be a little bit challenging for a stock vehicle because of the loose rock.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
pony said:
If you think you need more than a stock truck for Sunrise you need to get a better spotter :D

I've seen many a stock vehicle do Sunrise. Little spooky if you're new to offroading or if you're driving a low rider but I've spotted more than one stock vehicle through there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts