BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a run up the ridge today, didn't make it far but had a good time anyways. Met two new freinds today,First time I seen parts taken off a truck to clear an obsticle. Might set a new trend: Quik release undercarrige parts. My old Bronco ran a lot better on the way home. Gotta get it out more often. To the guys in the red explorer and silver pickup hope to see you up there again soon . :)

------------------
sheneeda new axel,sheneeda new diff,sheneeda lotsa stuff

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
After Dale went back up to pull the YJ out, I thought I'd attempt to make a complete fool of myself and try to get through the hole JP(?) made. Hmmmm. No lift. 29" ATs. Open axles. No chance!

------------------
Steve Dillen
'90 Ranger. . .pretty much stock.
'94 S10 Blazer. . .pretty much a soccermobile.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes but it's good you tried!! Remember: "There are NO bad ideas!!!..."

------------------
Farewell and Adieu, to you fair Spanish ladies...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was up there today... saw the guys in the red explorer, silver pickup and black YJ. Lots of snow up there and really slipery. Took a LONG time and many tires to get past the first obstacle, but after that is was smooth sailing till I decided to go past the last tire tracks and into fresh snow. Nearly got stuck, took a bit of digging and a little pushing to get out, but it was fun.

------------------
'86 LWB, 6" SPOA, 32" mud kings, weber carb, 4.62, K&N, 2" exhaust, custom bumpers and roll cage, camaro bucket seats
FOR SALE!
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yah that was good fun, I had to pull out my front drive shaft and then use two hi-lift's to lift up my front end and push the truck over sideways twice to clear the rock in the middle of the first little bump(If I tried to drive out of it I would be buying a new trannie pan, oil pan and drive shaft). After I was clear of the rock I put the shaft back in and tried the same line again, but this time I made it up. The rest of the run was trouble free, we got (Dale Tiessen, Sheneeda, and myself) about 1km past the hard line turn off. When we got down Jason(?) in a black YJ went up, 5 minutes later he comes running down needing a tug. It seems that his jeep had slid to the outer edge of the trial and would go over if he tried to drive out of it. Dale & I headed up to winch him out, as we were pulling the front end of the jeep went over the edge and then the rest followed -- thank god for that winch cable.

JP

------------------
99 F250 Super Duty,7.3PSD,reg cab,auto, "Offroad Package"

[This message has been edited by strong_like_tractor (edited January 21, 2002).]

·
Registered
228 Posts
It was a little adventure. Watching that Jeep go over the edge was interesting...as JP said, it was a good thing there was a winch cable attached to it. Hehehe...

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts