BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving down to the dunes in Oregon this weekend and am almost done my truck, but i need shocks. I don't care what kind, what kind of shape, as long as they will work with a early bronco. I'm picking up some new ones at All for Fun in Oregon, so as long as they will get me there, that's all i need. I need some by thurs. night, so if anyone has anything, i'll take em. I'll either trade for bronco parts, beer $, whatever.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured you'd have some, i was going to call ya tonight but i was too busy on the bronco. I'll call ya tomorrow and set something up. I'd like to see that body if you've done anything to it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll probably be taking alot of pics. I'm going with 3 built cherokees, so we're going to try the trails in the Tillamook OHV park, supposed to be some good wheelin, as well as farting around the dunes. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been down to Sand Lake (Tillamook) quite a few times and have had a GREAT time on the dunes. The trails in the area are much like here in B.C. I would highly recommend a trip. I'll be going again in Sept. to a all Early Bronco meet at Sand Lake, there's usually about 200 Bronco's there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean bucket of bolts. She ran pretty good considering our last minute wrenching. I've got a few bugs to work out, it seems to wander a bit, what a surprise from all those custom drop brackets. Didn't wheel it, not ready yet, but will be for SOB. Make sure your heep is ready for that. I've got a couple pictures, i'll try and post them later. As far as "how did it go", she said uh huh.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lars said:
Phil, take some pics. I'd like to see what the dune 'wheeling is like down there!

...lars
Hold off on the Bronco trip to the Oregon dunes till SOB. What is SOB you ask? The LARGEST yearly gathering of Early Bronco's in the world. Last year there were 225, it's grown every year and could get to 300 this year. 4 Wheel and Offroad will be there doing a feature as well as Canadian 4 Wheeler. Info is at www.broncofix.com.

Larry, it's worth a trip down, great family event, camping in the dunes, games etc. The dunes are awesome. Let me know if you want to go down. I'll be there Thursday night for the kegger. There is a great local micro-brew and the B'fix guys get a keg to start off the festivities.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was at SOB last year and am going again, awesome time. Yes Larry it's what you think, i'm finally all growns up. You should bring your Jeep to the dunes so all the broncos can pull you out. You really should go there if you haven't been, lots of fun, beautiful scenery, right besides the ocean. The tillamook trails are only about half an hour away.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Phil, it's good to hear everthing went well with your Bronco, I am impressed that you finished it that fast.
Did you get new shocks when you were down there? Just wondering because I will need those rear shocks back when you are finished with them.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
broncoless said:
You should bring your Jeep to the dunes so all the broncos can pull you out. You really should go there if you haven't been, lots of fun, beautiful scenery, right besides the ocean. The tillamook trails are only about half an hour away.
Hmm...so if I went down there with my Jeep, would they burn it?? :eek:

I suppose I could camp nearby and run the Tillamook trails. Or I could scam a ride in a Bronco. Dave, are you going? Phil, I guess your sig. other will be with you?

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
134 Posts
Larry, you will be welcome and 'your' jeep won't be burned. And yes, there will be many Bronco's you can scam a ride in. I'll have my trail rig and the wife will have her 'new' 66 stocker. Just make sure to travel down with at least 2 or 3 Early Broncos. :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
lars said:

Hmm...so if I went down there with my Jeep, would they burn it?? :eek:

I suppose I could camp nearby and run the Tillamook trails. Or I could scam a ride in a Bronco. Dave, are you going? Phil, I guess your sig. other will be with you?

...lars
I won't be going this year, I want to finish the "new Bronco" first, but if you like I could still burn your Jeep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts