BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering has anyone been up the East side of Stave Lake.
I'm just curious where the snow gets real bad.

Rob

------------------
'94 XJ - 3" RE lift, 31 Big O XT
'97 F250 HD 5" custom lift, 33" BFG AT

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
When we were up there in early January we ran into quite a bit of snow on many of the trails. The lower elevation did not have a lot, but one we got up to about 1500-2000 feet, the trails were under couple feet of snow.

Would be best if you wait until the snow melts a bit before you head up that way.

------------------
Leo
'01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping, otherwise completely stock.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leo.
I thought that that was the case. I guess I'm just trying to rush the season a little too much. I've been to the end of the road in June and gotten stuck in a snow drift just above Kenyon Lake.
Maybe next month we'll head up there.

Rob

------------------

·
Registered
123 Posts
Myself and 2 other trucks went out there 2 weeks ago. We got to about 3/4's of the way to salsbury lake, hit a lot of deep snow drifts, took some good video and came back.

------------------
97 RAM SPORT 3" susp., 33" tires, lots of extras, soon to have a gun rack!! , 82 CJ5, Warn 8000lb, body armour, lights, lifted w/ 33" BFG's,

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tarzan,
Will let you know by Sat evening. Need to check with the better 1/2.

Rob

------------------

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tarzan,
Won't be able to make it out tomorrow.
Another time maybe.

Rob

------------------

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by xjtank:
Thanks Leo.
I thought that that was the case. I guess I'm just trying to rush the season a little too much. I've been to the end of the road in June and gotten stuck in a snow drift just above Kenyon Lake.
Maybe next month we'll head up there.

Rob
I made it up to Kenyon lake last march. In an 83 Tercel!!! Much fun was had that day. Boo hoo to the group of Sammys whose drivers were giving me dirty looks. They didnt like it that i was able to keep up with them on the way out either!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Last weekend I went up there with a group of 4 other trucks and at the 7 KM mark where the road forks is where the snow got deep. I went to the left after about 1 K the only tracks left were the snowmobile tracks. I kept going, but the progress was slow when I hit a major incline. we returned to the fork.
That's when we encountered a group of stuck stock trucks trying to turn around and Blazin Obsession with a broken front axle. We helped them out and proceeded furher, this time we followed the road straight.
We did another 2 or 3 K, slowly, and desidet to turn around as it started getting late.
It'd be fun to go back next week and continue...

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough! I have...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.