BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a temporary thing, I will be putting in 4" lift blocks in the rear of my EB. The blocks are tapered to account for the increased pinion angle. Although they will work, i.e. they will fit, I'm not sure what vehicle they came from and, therefore, if the taper on them is correct.

I was wondering if anyone might know what the pinion angle should be for a 4" lift on an EB?

------------------
Ulysse
90-YJ
69-Bronco

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Ulysse, It's me Dave, you bought a roll bar from me.

About the pinion angle, the pinion must point straight in line with the driveshaft, as long as you are using the stock CV driveshaft.( well actually the pinion should point down about 2 degrees ).

If it is temporary a couple of degrees out shouldn't be all that bad.

You might get a bunch of axle wrap though.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Broncomania:

If it is temporary a couple of degrees out shouldn't be all that bad.

You might get a bunch of axle wrap though.
LOL! MIGHT??? You WILL get a lot of axle wrap. just drive it nice, and it should work fine. the 35 year old leaf springs WILL break if greatly stressed. I think I went thru probably 10 of them

For normal driving, and light off road use, it will work fine. anywhere you get wheelspin is a situation to avoid until you get either a traction bar, or some good lift springs.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips, have either of you ever had lift springs made locally? Anyone know where Duff makes their rear lift springs?

... roll bar looks great, now you just got to sell me those door inserts!!

------------------
Ulysse
90-YJ
69-Bronco

[This message has been edited by Ulysse (edited December 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know Rubicon Express has their springs made at Mcallister Spring in Langley and I'm pretty sure the Duff springs are made there too.

If you want springs made go see Dave at T&S Suspension, he uses Mcallister as well, and he does good work.

Soon I will have a set of rear springs for sale, I think they are 3 1/2", but I don't know what brand. I am just using them for setting up my rear HP D60.

Sorry I can't sell my door inserts, I put them on for the first time this year and my wife loved them.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I know Rubicon Express has their springs made at Mcallister Spring in Langley and I'm pretty sure the Duff springs are made there too.

If you want springs made go see Dave at T&S Suspension, he uses Mcallister as well, and he does good work.

Pretty sure Duffs are made at Mcallister Spring.
About 1995 I had some EB springs made there, and they were the most wretched junk imaginable. Old school technology, and very poor longevity. Obviously they've got their act together now, tho, since the Duffs springs have a good reputation.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Soon I will have a set of rear springs for sale, I think they are 3 1/2", but I don't know what brand. I am just using them for setting up my rear HP D60.
Dave,

I might be interested e-mail when you’re closer to being done with them...

------------------
Ulysse
90-YJ
69-Bronco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.