BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last summer i had flooding problems on the off road so i finally just installed an edelbrok off road needle and seat kit for my 600cfm carb that i bought last summer. this is supose to maintain a consistant fuel float through vibrations and steep inclines so flooding doesn't happen??
i was just wandering if any one else has tried this and what you thought of it ???
is there anything else to modify in a case such as this

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey man been there done that. My carb is on a 383 in a cruiser. I bought it new and knew nothing about them. Im on the Land Cruiser mailing list which is very active and an invaluble source of info. Any ways I was referred to www.ih8mud.com which is a kind of cruiser "how to" site, with lots of instructional stuff submitted from people all over the world. Go there and check out the Edelbrock carb tips (or something like that) by Brian Swearington it has pictures of what to do. If you replaced the needles with spring loaded ones you now MUST adjust the floats or you wont notice a difference. You will also want to mostly block off the large passage bettween the two float bowls - the instructions sudjest using vacuum hose _it worked for me
if you have any trouble or other questions Email and I'll do my best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts