BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
I know there's probably a good reason but I just have to ask why?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the truck is an 81, motor is gone, picked up a new motor, but it has efi. instead of doing all the work to change over the truck to efi, i thought i would just keep it as carburated for now, keep the pieces and if i wanted to change it to efi later i still could, but right now i don't have the time/money to do that to my truck. can anyone help me?

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
efi to carb????? nooooooo!

ive spent the last two months doing to oppsite.

efi
easyer starting cold/hot
more power/torque
better running at angles
better mpg

but if you do the swap can i have your knock sensor???

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just remove efi intake and bolt on your carb and intake I asume. Never tried but should be simple.

------------------
broken again

85 4Runner, 35" swampers front, boggers rear, 5.29s + detroits

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by gumbom:
efi to carb????? nooooooo!

ive spent the last two months doing to oppsite.

efi
easyer starting cold/hot
more power/torque
better running at angles
better mpg

but if you do the swap can i have your knock sensor???

the thing is i don't have the knowledge to change everything over(computer ect.) thanks for the help tho, i figured i would just have to swap manifolds, sounds like thats the case. gumbom, no, you cannot have anything, im keeping it because one day, when i do have the knowledge and time, i too shall make the efi swap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Gullygossner:
There was something like this in the pirate4x4.com bb like a week ago, from what I read, it's a rather big job. Just go to www.pirate4x4.com and do a search in the toyota section

oi....that is quite a bit of work....well geez. maybe i can get some help fom you guys, gumbom you did it, to just put the efi engine in. its a direct bolt on right? so what does this job consist of? im just scared of all the computer stuff, as i have never delt with any of it before...
Gumbom, maybe you could send me an email, i know this is a lot to ask, sort of explaining what you did...helping me to learn what i would have to do, i don't even know where to start, but time and money aren't a big deal, i have enough of both...just knowledge of these engines is something i lack. but i am willing to dive head on in, ive done it before, and get up to my hands in grease...just a little bit of help would be great.
[email protected], if you are willing and get the chance, any info would be great.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The engine will bolt up to the tranny and everything, you just neeed to swap out all the electrical. Fuel pump, computer, fuel lines, I believe the EFI dash is different...

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i can't speek for anybody elses experience but i started out going to a 22re and changed over to carb due to time and money problems.i pulled the manifold off i think i changed the distributor to a non efi one and you need to install a mechanical fuel pump.if you look at your old engine you will see the fuel pump and on your new engine you will see a block off plate, behind this block off plate is your camshaft,when you pull you fuel pump you will also need to pull the ring that is bolted to your camshaft. this is a cam of its own and is used to drive your fuel pump. i think thats all there is hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.