BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, one of the nylon ties that held my new electric fan onto my rad ripped into the core
Anyone have any success with a more solid mount? Not a whole lot to bolt to on the bottom or sides of the rad and the original shroud was held on with the same through-the-core nylon fasteners.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
if its a steel housing on the electric fan you can weld some tabs on it. Or you can bolt some flat bar to the holes that the nylon straps are supposed to go on.

I have a pair of fans I put together for my XJ, I just used a piece of flat bar top and bottom, with the ends bent down to bolt to the frame rails, and extra tabs welded to the top to bolt to the radiator support.

My ford runs so cool that I dont need an electric fan. Small block Ford with a big block radiator,

Dan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dan. Yeah, looking at the rad now that it's back from the shop, I think I'll go with the flat bar, mounted to the top and bottom of the rad. Just have to make sure there aren't any protrusions into the fins. Man, my rad is taking a beating! The electric fan replaces a toasted clutch fan which replaced a flex fan which zinged into it. Hope I get this thing sorted out this time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Paul:
Time to start wheelin' your wife's Bronco II.
What!! That would be like wheeling an Exploder or something! Hmmmm. Maybe if it had a pirate flag on it.

Hey Paul, bring me back a rock from the Rubicon, k? Something I can drive our Hot Wheels around on (or into).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.